Bug Can´t scrape any "Movie Set Folders" anymore in Helix RC1
@clubwerks

You are wrong.
There are some sub-folder content setting issues lately. I don't know if it's related to this or not, but it sounds possible. A fix has gone in yesterday (PR5850), so see if this issue is fixed in either tonight's or tomorrow night's nightly builds.
(2014-12-02, 07:44)Ned Scott Wrote: There are some sub-folder content setting issues lately. I don't know if it's related to this or not, but it sounds possible. A fix has gone in yesterday (PR5850), so see if this issue is fixed in either tonight's or tomorrow night's nightly builds.

Hi Ned

Thanks for the reply.

Just tested nightly KodiSetup-20141201-ffad6b8-master, and no difference.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Basic debug log, if it helps.
http://pastebin.com/Mn1DwqM4

Thought I see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5860, so might have to test next nightly.
Media Companion Dev.
Yeah, looks like that one might be needed as well. Assuming it's related, as this is just a guess on my part.
(2014-12-02, 10:50)vbat99 Wrote: Basic debug log, if it helps.
http://pastebin.com/Mn1DwqM4

Thought I see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5860, so might have to test next nightly.

vbat99 -- thanks for hanging in there with this issue. I started a new thread 210328 (thread) about music video as I thought this one had to do with something unique to movie sets. I see now you are right and recursion is only going down 1 level in video source scans. I suppose for many people that works fine for movies but it kind of is a non-starter for music videos if you want to group by artist\album.

scott s.
(2014-12-02, 03:20)clubwerks Wrote: There's absolutely no reason to have your movie sets in that folder structure. That looks like that bizarre folder structure that was required if you want to use Movie Set Artwork Automator back before you could just dump all the movie set art into a single folder. You can put movies in sets either with a media manager like MediaElch, EMM or Media Companion or you can put them in sets directly from XBMC now. That folder structure is going to cause nothing but problems.

The bug reported here does not complain about stuff not been automatically sorted into a collection, but that content is not found at all. I think we all agree that if "recurse directory" is set, that Kodi will do then exactly that, regardless how deep the structure goes.
Interestingly, I thought I could cause a movie to not be found if it was a DVD in folder structure, ie:
Code:
D:\Collections\300 Collection\Fright Night\VIDEO_TS\

But the scraper did find this movie, so somewhere it is going far enough in to get the VIDEO_TS folder.
Media Companion Dev.
Same problem here, All movies found in gothom, mediabrowser, jriver....but not helix
(2014-12-02, 14:43)d0wnl0rd Wrote: The bug reported here does not complain about stuff not been automatically sorted into a collection, but that content is not found at all. I think we all agree that if "recurse directory" is set, that Kodi will do then exactly that, regardless how deep the structure goes.

That's the behavior we would expect -- else why have that setting? But the problem is that Kodi IS NOT searching recursively any more, with RC1
It's a minor bug that got fixed yesterday. Install last nightly
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
My test cases now pass on nightly 20141202 but I think I am going to dig a little deeper into this just to make sure.

Edit: What was interesting (to me) was I had read the comments on #5850 and that caused me to open up MyVideos90.db and looking at the path table all the settings seemed to be in place for my sources (strContent, strScraper, scanRecursive, useFolderNames) so I couldn't see why it wasn't scanning except one level deep.

scott s.
Also confirm this is fixed in Nightly - KodiSetup-20141202-a781503-master

Thank you Ned Scott and Martijn.
Media Companion Dev.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can´t scrape any "Movie Set Folders" anymore in Helix RC10