Bug Helix RC1 won't scan music videos
Kodi Helix RC1 running in portable mode on Win 7 x64 (clean install). Add a new video source from local HDD NTFS file system. folder layout is:

Music video root\Artist\Album\file1.mp4

Set content as music video. Scan for new content. No files are detected. Log just shows

Code:
00:38:34 T:7968   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'F:\Test MV\kraftwerk\' as not in the database
00:38:34 T:7968   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir F:\Test MV\kraftwerk\

Debug log here: Helix RC1 pastebin log

Scanning this source in Beta5 completes as expected:

Debug log here: Helix B5 pastebin log

When only one level of recursion is involved (eg set source to Artist\Album\file1.mp4 , the files will scan.
This actually seems like the same problem reported here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210212

I went back and tested using a different source setting content to movies and the same thing. Now in RC1 folder recursion when scanning for content will only go down one level. Unfortunately a number of posters in that thread dismiss the problem as "you have a bad folder structure" or words to that effect. Though Ned Scott seems to realize that this is something that needs to be looked at (I probably should have looked at that thread closer instead of starting a new one, but I was thrown off by everyone getting wrapped around the idea of "movie sets" in that thread when the issue has nothing to do with "sets".

scott s.
Fixed in 1202. Consider closed and any discussion needed will be in other movie sets scan thread.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix RC1 won't scan music videos0