Bug Behavior with Setting Up TV Content
Exclamation 

Setup: issue can be duplicated on multiple end-user PCs running Windows 8.1.

Issue seen with clean install of Kodi 14.0 or an update from XBMC 13. Issue was also recently noticed on XBMC 13 (back to 13.1) as well (which prompted me to try Kodi 14.0 release to see if the issue persisted).

Steps to duplicate:
1. Setup: content files reside on local network home server (WHS 2011)
2. Go to folder containing TV show folders (each show has it's own folder) [Example: Main folder = 'Television', Subfolder = '90210' (without the single quotes)].
3. Right-click on a folder and select 'Set content'
4. Select (TV shows) in the top left quadrant for "This directory contains...". Use default TVDB scraper. Use default Content Scanning Options. Select OK.
5. Select Yes when prompted with "Do you want to refresh info for all items within this path?"
6. Let scanning complete
7. Right-click folder, select "TV show information"
8. Nothing happens <-- this is the issue where I can't access the TV information for the folder.

I can do the exact same steps for setting content for Movies in my movies folder and it works fine
, but for some reason it doesn't work for TV content.

Any suggestions or advice on how to fix this (if the issue is on my side) is greatly appreciated. Of if it's a known bug, my apologies in advance. I did a search in both the Forum and But Tracker and did not see this topic in my review of the search results.
shit happens... i get this all the time but i still manage it that way it's not really priority for me, also most times it takes more than just posts you need a debug log for someone to offer you real help
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
Smile 
Thanks for your enlightening response, but it's all good. I saw a reply via email by someone else but looks like it was deleted when I went to the thread. I just had to select.the option "Selected folder contains a single TV show" when setting up the content and now I can access the TV Information. Perhaps that's by design or could be a bug; I'll let the developers decide. Cheers.
Sounds like a bug. I'll try to reproduce it tonight.
I can confirm this has been an issue on my installs (all hardware/OS) since XBMC 12, persisting in Kodi 14.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-12-27, 03:07)Ned Scott Wrote: Sounds like a bug. I'll try to reproduce it tonight.

(2014-12-27, 03:23)Piers Wrote: I can confirm this has been an issue on my installs (all hardware/OS) since XBMC 12, persisting in Kodi 14.
It is infact a bug and would be pleased to see it fixed in v15 Smile
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-12-27, 02:57)AlvinUT2000 Wrote: Thanks for your enlightening response, but it's all good. I saw a reply via email by someone else but looks like it was deleted when I went to the thread. I just had to select.the option "Selected folder contains a single TV show" when setting up the content and now I can access the TV Information. Perhaps that's by design or could be a bug; I'll let the developers decide. Cheers.

well if you set content on a single tvshow folder you indeed need to set that option.

i have set content many times on my main tvshow folders which contain sub tvshows and never had any issues with that.
From your OP i cannot tell what you actually do. Set content on "television" or on "90210"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Behavior with Setting Up TV Content0