• 7(current)
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue
(2015-01-04, 23:12)sibusiso1992 Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 09:46)steepens Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 09:27)JoyDrop Wrote: Thanks Steepens, but unfortunately, there isn't even enough time to get to that point before it crashes.

JoyDrop- you don't need to use the Kodi log uploader to access the log file- it can be accessed outside of Kodi. Use your file manage to navigate to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

My kodi 14.0 is crashing aswell at startup, ive been reading the posts, ive tried to access the log file, but i have no log files in my folders as per the instructions above. Also as stated i cant even go into kodi to set up debugging, what can i do to access the debug log

sibusiso1992- I am still using XBMC Gotham 13.1, haven't upgraded yet to Kodi, so I'm not sure I can help find the files. The path given is for Android (e.g. Matricom, SkystreamX, etc), so all I can offer is substitute "kodi" for "xbmc" in the path given above, hopefully that works. Are you using PC, Android, RasPi,..? There are two paths for PC to check (not sure at the moment which one it may be): 1) c:\program files x86\XBMC and 2) c:\users\<installed user directory>\Appdata\XBMC. You may have to drill down a little deeper to find the log file. Sorry for the vagueness, I wont be able to access my PC for another few hours, at which time I'll check back and try to give you more info.

(2015-01-07, 17:52)steepens Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 23:12)sibusiso1992 Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 09:46)steepens Wrote: JoyDrop- you don't need to use the Kodi log uploader to access the log file- it can be accessed outside of Kodi. Use your file manage to navigate to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

My kodi 14.0 is crashing aswell at startup, ive been reading the posts, ive tried to access the log file, but i have no log files in my folders as per the instructions above. Also as stated i cant even go into kodi to set up debugging, what can i do to access the debug log

sibusiso1992- I am still using XBMC Gotham 13.1, haven't upgraded yet to Kodi, so I'm not sure I can help find the files. The path given is for Android (e.g. Matricom, SkystreamX, etc), so all I can offer is substitute "kodi" for "xbmc" in the path given above, hopefully that works. Are you using PC, Android, RasPi,..? There are two paths for PC to check (not sure at the moment which one it may be): 1) c:\program files x86\XBMC and 2) c:\users\<installed user directory>\Appdata\XBMC. You may have to drill down a little deeper to find the log file. Sorry for the vagueness, I wont be able to access my PC for another few hours, at which time I'll check back and try to give you more info.

sorry- edit to say "c:\users\<installed user directory>\Appdata\roaming\XBMC"... apologies... going from memory.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue2