• 4(current)
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue
It looks like when XBMC/Kodi is looking for updates, XunityTalk REpos don't like it and you get kicked out.

Remove all Repos related to XunityTalk and please report back to me your results at www.facebook.com/elitemodsteam.

Mods, yes I know we are not supposed to speak about this in your forums. Howver, 90% of users have XBMC for Repos and Third Party Addons.
(2014-12-31, 16:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 15:34)myystik Wrote: Once I removed "repository.cocawe" from the addons dir. Seemed to fix the problem.
[Windows]
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

I removed one by one every addon that threw and error from the Kodi.log, testing each time.

The addons that reported an error from .log, I have not re-installed back into the addons .dir.

[Android]
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/ [enable view hidden files]
search addons, remove "repository.cocawe"

can't even replicate it crashing with that one. It's just empty

I've removed everything throwing an error in the log file (I think). But still it crashes. Getting grief from the kids now. Is there a kind person that could give me a pointer? I'm completely lost. Log file here:http://pastebin.com/2rAHHSmD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2014-12-31, 15:34)myystik Wrote: Once I removed "repository.cocawe" from the addons dir. Seemed to fix the problem.
[Windows]

I removed one by one every addon that threw and error from the Kodi.log, testing each time.

The addons that reported an error from .log, I have not re-installed back into the addons .dir.

[Android]

Removing this repo worked for me as well in Windows 8.1.
(2014-12-31, 16:59)fr3qu3ncy Wrote:
[Windows]

[Android]

Removing this repo worked for me as well in Windows 8.1.

I don't have either the Cocawe or the Carb0 repo installed. Still crashes after a few minutes.

(2014-12-31, 15:31)JeremyBerentsen Wrote: got it working again !!! removed all things related to the xfinity repo

What gave you the idea that it was that repo at fault?
[Windows]

[Android]

Removing repo cocawe worked for me too after continual crashes running Win 8 latest Gotham. Thanks for the heads up Mystic you saved New Years Eve!

Happy New Year to one and all.
UPDATE:

I uninstalled the xunity.talk repository and the istream repository (and all related addons including the services addons) and everything is working properly now.

Hope this helps someone else experiencing this issue.
Worked for me to. Thanks
[Windows]

[Android]

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This stopped mine from crashing on Windows 7 as well. Now I just need to get iStream back up and running.
(2014-12-31, 16:40)Sooperfly Wrote: Howver, 90% of users have XBMC for Repos and Third Party Addons.

I doubt that figure. Anyways consider me one of your self described 10%.
(2014-12-31, 16:50)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 16:34)Martijn Wrote:
[Windows]

[Android]

can't even replicate it crashing with that one. It's just empty

I've removed everything throwing an error in the log file (I think). But still it crashes. Getting grief from the kids now. Is there a kind person that could give me a pointer? I'm completely lost. Log file here:http://pastebin.com/2rAHHSmD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use Kodi.Log from here if your using windows: [or xbmc.log] depending what flavor your on.

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi "Kodi.log"
Not debug log.

Android, search for "Kodi.log"
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/Temp [kodi.log]
or
Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/Temp [xbmc.log]

I only removed ALL error addons from the windows 64-bit. There were 6.

The Window 32-bit and Android Box I Only removed "repository.cocawe" from the addons dir.
to finalize the problem addon. All my systems addons are exactly the same.

All systems now stable.
This has worked for me to - cheers all & Happy New Year!
(2014-12-31, 19:52)helta Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 16:40)Sooperfly Wrote: Howver, 90% of users have XBMC for Repos and Third Party Addons.

I doubt that figure. Anyways consider me one of your self described 10%.

Yep another of the supposed 10% here.
Not sure if i have the same problem i have android box MXQ with gotham 13.2

After starting i get 30 seconds then it returns to the apps screen closing xbmc. I unplug internet and am ok to get in and it not close i have turned off auto updates and i have xunity and istream waiting to update. I guess its these 2 apps trying to update and causing the shut down.

can anyone give me an idea of what to uninstall to sort out the problem.

Thanks
Hi Everyone,

Been reading some five threads about this specific problem and tried removing cocwave repo, all addons from istream and xunity, etc... as discussed throughout the forums. I also disabled apps such as Trakt which are currently broken.
The constant crashing is still happening. after all this work to remove such stuff.
I'm currently on the latest dev/nightly version of Helix 15.0.
This is disappointing... and literally ruining my NYE! Sad

Here's my log....
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=388869

meanwhile, all the best for the New Year, 2015 everyone. Wink
(2014-12-31, 22:52)terryvision Wrote: Xfinity have just released a fix! Goto the repo and download it Smile
I've uninstalled everything from them, Kodi still doesn't want to stop crashing.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue2