Widgets not displaying pictures
Afternoon,

Yesterday I came home to find XMBC on the home screen but with several pictures missing from behind the widgets.

Pics are missing from 'all movies', 'movies', 'TVs shows', 'music' and 'weather'.
They all work fine but no picture behind them.

Also in the tv show section the favourites icon shows behind several of those widgets.

Another thing is I've noticed when I reboot I'm also getting an occasional script failed error.
It says 'script error! Watch history module and service'

I decided to upgraded from gotham to helix and assumed this would resolve the problem especially with the new Titan Helix skin but it's the same.

Any ideas?
(2014-12-31, 18:29)James_liv Wrote: Afternoon,

Yesterday I came home to find XMBC on the home screen but with several pictures missing from behind the widgets.

Pics are missing from 'all movies', 'movies', 'TVs shows', 'music' and 'weather'.
They all work fine but no picture behind them.

Also in the tv show section the favourites icon shows behind several of those widgets.

Another thing is I've noticed when I reboot I'm also getting an occasional script failed error.
It says 'script error! Watch history module and service'

I decided to upgraded from gotham to helix and assumed this would resolve the problem especially with the new Titan Helix skin but it's the same.

Any ideas?

That's not good. The addon "script.grab.fanart" is used to get those random images.
Do you see a random fanart background if you hover over one of the tiles ?

I expect something to broken with the grab.fanart addon or something. If the tiles just are blank (with even no fallback image in it) it points to an image that doesn't exist.
If you run the artwork downloader addon manually does that help ?

Could also be that your cache with images in kodi is corrupt but I have no idea how to fix that.
Last time I had that on a system I totally removed kodi/xbmc and did a fresh install.

About the script error: you have an failing addon. Go to settings --> addons and look for a addon with the name "Watch history module and service"
That's grim.

Really don't fancy a full wipe and reinstall.

The artwork downloaded didn't make any difference.

Here's a screen grab:
http://s10.postimg.org/qsnfe130p/image.jpg

You can see in the background is 'Lord of the rings' image and when I go into the movies section everything's fine, it's just the widgets.
It's also started crashing lots too. It crashed 3 times just trying to take a screen grab and I had to restart Kodi.

Looks like I'm going to have to start over dosnt it?
Just one of those things I suppose but such a pain in the backside.
Clean install and barring a couple of glitches all is back to normal.
No idea what happened but sorted now.

Cheers
(2015-01-01, 14:45)James_liv Wrote: Clean install and barring a couple of glitches all is back to normal.
No idea what happened but sorted now.

Cheers

OK, glad it is sorted now. Too bad it had to be done with a fresh install.
Thanks for reporting back!
Another update to this. The 'all movies' widget is now blank and has no picture.
Everything else is fine.

There is next to nothing installed on this laptop as its permanently connected to my TV and is solely used as a media centre.

I'm going to try and delete and re-add the widget when I get 10 mins and see what happens.
(2015-01-02, 19:20)James_liv Wrote: Another update to this. The 'all movies' widget is now blank and has no picture.

Everything else is fine.

There is next to nothing installed on this laptop as its permanently connected to my TV and is solely used as a media centre.

I'm going to try and delete and re-add the widget when I get 10 mins and see what happens.

Are you using mediabrowser as the backend? If so, make sure you use the latest version of the mediabrowser addon from mediabrowser repo, the one on official repo is a bit outdated.

If you're not using mediabrowser, disable it in the skin settings
Don't actually know what media browser is but I'll have a look for it in the settings.

It's just literally windows 7 running on a Intel HD3000 laptop with Kodi and Utorrent installed.
The laptop has the screen inactive and closed and I just use the utorrent and Kodi remotes to operate it from my iPad & iphone.

There connected through a Sony amp and then into a Sony bravia tv via HDMI but don't see that making any difference.
(2015-01-02, 23:09)James_liv Wrote: Don't actually know what media browser is but I'll have a look for it in the settings.

It's just literally windows 7 running on a Intel HD3000 laptop with Kodi and Utorrent installed.

The laptop has the screen inactive and closed and I just use the utorrent and Kodi remotes to operate it from my iPad & iphone.

There connected through a Sony amp and then into a Sony bravia tv via HDMI but don't see that making any difference.

Ah, well never mind then. I said that because you mentioned having a "all movies" tile, in mediabrowser mode of the skin the tile is called that way, in other cases its just movies (without all).

If the tiles stay blank look in your kodi log for any errors regarding image retrieval
I'm also currently having this issue and I'm not quite sure why, but a fresh install isn't an option for me at the moment. =/
(2015-01-03, 15:26)BEWBTUBE Wrote: I'm also currently having this issue and I'm not quite sure why, but a fresh install isn't an option for me at the moment. =/

Would it be possible for you to send me your kodi logfile ?

Maybe there are some errors in it about the images are failing to download or something...
Mine was fixed by deleting the submenu in the widget shortcut and re-adding it.
It's fine now. Thanks for the help and advice.
You might also want to try to reset the menu tiles to defaults in the skin settings.
This problem might occur if there's some old info (can be from other skins) in the menu settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widgets not displaying pictures0