Music database refresh
Even if the answers might be simple, could you give me a jump start? I access about 30000 titles on my NAS via Kodi on OSX and only now discover the advantage of a database (IF all albums were correctly tagged…). Kodi's database has to be refreshed from time to time. If I let the database refresh at startup (Preferences/music/refresh db at startup), it takes kodi minutes to finish, even if there is only one new album there, and the program crashes if I quit before it has finished restructuring the db.

What does "updating/refreshing" mean? Brute force approach, reloading all informations for all files? Checking for newer informations/fanart/covers etc for already present music files? Checking for recently added files and loading informations solely for them? Can I change the db update behavior?

The web-interface for kodi offers a remote button "update library". Can I start a db update manually in the local kodi interface?

I would like to migrate all playlists and the kodi db to the NAS in order to have a consistent status across the clients. Is this supported via kodis local GUI or do I have to move the db manually and adjust a lot of configuration files?

Thanks!
If you want to synchronize your library across multiple clients, you're going to need to setup MySQL per the wiki. Read the link for full details.

I can't comment on the rest of your questions, I'm afraid. Although I would like to thank the developers for making the library scanning so much faster, as refreshing my music library is now orders of magnitude faster on my HTPC.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2015-01-03, 21:45)Jogee Wrote: If you want to synchronize your library across multiple clients, you're going to need to setup MySQL per the wiki. Read the link for full details.

Thanks for the link, this appears easier than I thougt. I'll give it a try.

As for the db refreshing mode, is there anybody out there who knows what the db does when and how to influence this?
The library update scans all folders/files in your music directory and updates anything that has changed, and deletes anything that is no longer in the directory.

You can scan in a single file or folder from the context menu while focused on that folder in files view, avoiding a full update.
Thanks! Exactly the information I was looking for. Kind regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music database refresh0