TV-Show directories
Question 
Hello,

is there any way to scrape tv-shows successfully with directories like:

TV SHOWS
|---------------TV.SHOW.S01.DESCRIPTION (folder)
|-------------------------------TV.SHOW.S01E01.DESCRIPTION (folder)
|-----------------------------------------------------------FILES (rar,avi,mkv,...)
|---------------TV.SHOW.S02.DESCRIPTION (folder)
|-------------------------------TV.SHOW.S02E01.DESCRIPTION (folder)
|-----------------------------------------------------------FILES (rar,avi,mkv,...)
|-------------------------------TV.SHOW.S02E02.DESCRIPTION (folder)

instead of the others described in the wiki?

Is the any setting in advancedsettings.xml to customize tv show folder order?

Thanks for help.
Yep. Click the "Scan Recursively" button when you're doing a scan. It'll snag them up.

That means it will dig deep for the files you have and sort them out. Helps if each video has it's own .nfo already.
There is no "Scan Recursively" button for TV Shows.
Why do you have each individual episode in a folder, rather than each series in one?

What you'll need to do is call up the menu for each folder except the lowest level one and uncheck the link that says the folder contains one series (or something like that, at work at the moment so can't check) - it should then recurse down into the lower folders (although having SxxExx in the folder name may also be confusing things).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-01-05, 19:14)DarrenHill Wrote: Why do you have each individual episode in a folder, rather than each series in one?

What you'll need to do is call up the menu for each folder except the lowest level one and uncheck the link that says the folder contains one series (or something like that, at work at the moment so can't check) - it should then recurse down into the lower folders (although having SxxExx in the folder name may also be confusing things).

I tried like that:

TVSHOWS
|---------------TV.SHOW.S01E01.DESCRIPTION (folder)
|------------------------------------------FILES (rar,avi,mkv,...)

But as you told SxxExx in folder name does not work. Maybe there is a solution in advancedsettings.xml

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>...</regexp>
<tvshowmatching>

to catch the season and episode only from folder, but about that no plan.
To expand on what I said before - open the context menu for the folder, then change content and make sure that "selected folder contains a single TV show" is not selected. Do that for each folder in the tree except the one that doesn't actually contain the files.

But I still think you'd be better structuring them properly, with one TV show (or perhaps one season of a given TV show) per lowest level folder, with the file name itself containing the season and episode details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes, i added each Season to the sources.xml file. I dont want to change the structure, because of other processes.

<sources>
<name>TEST</name>
<path pathversion="1">/path/to/TV.SHOW.S01.DESCRIPTION/</path>
<path pathversion="1">/path/to/TV.SHOW.S02.DESCRIPTION/</path>
<path pathversion="1">/path/to/TV.SHOW.S03.DESCRIPTION/</path>
<path pathversion="1">/path/to/ANOTHER.TV.SHOW.S01.DESCRIPTION/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</sources>

full path looks like this now: /path/to/TV.SHOW.S01.DESCRIPTION/TV.SHOW.S01E01.DESCRIPTION/tvshow.s01e01.description.ext

"Single show folder button" is disabled. Right-Click on "TEST", selected "Search for new content". No content found/scraped.
The single show folder button should be enabled at the lowest folder level (TV.SHOW.S01E01.DESCRIPTION in your full path) but beyond that, no more ideas, aside from the comment before about having S and E in the folder naming.

I run something a little similar on my NAS, with 3 or 4 folders deep (category, show, season for example) and it works there as long as only the lowest level is indicated as containing a single show in each folder.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV-Show directories0