Raspbmc/Kodi Can't Browse NFS Share
This is not a huge deal, but….

I have two installations of Raspbmc. Both were auto-updated to Kodi after a recent power outage and reboot.

Now, one of them can browse NFS shares and the other can't; this using the zeroconf browser. When both were running XBMC 13.2, both could browse the NFS shares.

The RP boxes are wired to Airport Expresses and are on the same network.

The NFS share is hosted on a Mac. The share works fine and can be browsed by other machines.

Typing in the NFS path works fine, so not a big deal.

I just wonder why….
No issues here with a Yosemite Mac > NFS > Airport Extreme > Zeroconf Browser > Openelec RPi running Kodi.
I use no Passwords to access my shares, no OSX Firewall and use NFS Manager to setup NFS Sharing on the Mac.
This is a mini NFS guide if that helps:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1814794

Maybe its particular to RaspBMC / Kodi ?

Read my post again. I have two Raspberry Pi boxes. Both run Raspbmc and Kodi:
  • One CAN browse NFS shares
  • One CANNOT browse NFS shares.

I would like to figure out why one CAN and one CANNOT.

Code:
Bleach:downloads mnewman$ showmount -e
Exports list on localhost:
/Users/Shared                       192.168.0.0
/Volumes/Media                      192.168.0.0

All of the other machines on the network can browse these two shares. Only one of the RPs cannot. Why?
Not got any experience with this on a Mac, but on Linux I would be checking the folder permissions first. That is just a hunch BTW.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
If it were a permissions problem, then every device on the network would be unable to browse.

In this case ONLY ONE out of many devices is unable to browse.
(2015-01-05, 13:21)Buadhai Wrote: If it were a permissions problem, then every device on the network would be unable to browse.

Not in my experience. I have had the issue where my PC and Android Tablet could browse my NFS shares and none of my RPIs could. I reset the permissions and all was well again. Might not be the same in your case.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Browsing has nothing to do with filesystem permissions. It is a completely different layer. I have no idea why it works for some constellations and doesn't for others. Luckily in my network with my nfs server browsing the nfs exports works on all my clients (all platforms we support are covered by those).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So, Memphiz, in your opinion there's no way for me to fix the problem with the one errant Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc and Kodi?
(2015-01-05, 23:02)Buadhai Wrote: So, Memphiz, in your opinion there's no way for me to fix the problem with the one errant Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc and Kodi?

The logical explanation is the two Pi's are configured differently.

What happens if you insert the sdcard from the working Pi into the not-working Pi?
(2015-01-05, 23:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 23:02)Buadhai Wrote: So, Memphiz, in your opinion there's no way for me to fix the problem with the one errant Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc and Kodi?

The logical explanation is the two Pi's are configured differently.

What happens if you insert the sdcard from the working Pi into the not-working Pi?

I will try that today. (4:40 AM here in Thailand.)

Thanks. I'm trying to learn something here.
Ah, stupid me. I can't try that because one of the Pi's uses a standard SD card and the other a micro SD card. I can put the micro SD into an adapter and run it on the old Pi, but I can't boot the B+ Pi from a standard SD card.
So one is a B+ and the other isn't a B+ (presumably it's a B). Mentioning this difference up front may have been useful.

So which one doesn't see the NFS network any longer, the B or the B+?

What version of Raspbmc were you on when both could see NFS?

A debug log (wiki) from the Pi that can't see NFS might be the next step (after swapping the SD cards as requested by popcornmix).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I know this makes no sense, but here's what fixed it:

The B could browse NFS shares, the B+ could not.

The Airport Express to which the B is wired has a static IP address.

The Airport Express to which the B+ is wired had a dynamic IP address, an oversight on my part.

When I reconfigured the latter AE to have a static IP address, the NFS shares became browsable by the B+.

That's all it took.

Thanks for the assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc/Kodi Can't Browse NFS Share0