Multiple in-sync databases?
Hey all, just wondering if there's an automatic method of keeping a MySQL database in-sync with a local database? Here's my thinking:

Disclaimer: tho I am referencing Genesis, I am not pirating anything. Please do not delete this post or ban me!

Okay, so one day I am hoping Kodi will support multiple sources for the same library entry, so that if one source isn't available it'll use another, or perhaps give you a choice of sources. Assuming that happens, that will make the following very useful...

I am regularly away from my home network and ordinarily use Plex to stream my content to me, but my upload rate is far too low to do this with any reliability. So I am now using Genesis to stream content that I own to me wherever I am. However, because I use a MySQL database, my library vanishes when I am away from my home network. In theory, I could export my MySQL library, disconnect from my home network and then import it into Kodi's local database, resulting in a "local secondary library". Unfortunately my library gets updated very regularly so it would very quickly be out of date.

So, is there a way of easily keeping a MySQL library and local library in sync?

Thanks
You could setup a VPN to your home network which would allow you to access your MySQL server when you aren't there.

Or use portforwarding to access MySQL
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Thanks for the advice; sadly I'm usually at work when wanting to watch things (lunch time breaks), behind a corporate firewall that blocks VPNs, and port forwarding is out of the question too.
(2015-01-06, 10:13)Rumik Wrote: Thanks for the advice; sadly I'm usually at work when wanting to watch things (lunch time breaks), behind a corporate firewall that blocks VPNs, and port forwarding is out of the question too.

Sad
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple in-sync databases?0