• 4(current)
HP Stream Mini - 2957U/2GB/32GB $180 inc Windows
I see the Pentium 3558U and i3-4025U versions are now available from HP's UK store at £269 and £349 respectively which would suggest that the Celeron 2957U would be priced around £150 if it is launched.

I don't see these models on any other EU site, does anyone have any info on whether the 2957U will be sold in Europe?
(2015-01-22, 03:02)DeanM3 Wrote: The box is surprisingly snappy and responsive for only 2GB of ram. I've run KODI, Official Win8 Plex App ( and Plex Home Theater ). I've tried a plethora of skins, and can't find any performance issues. No issues with 24p switching or HDMI output. Very happy so far.

Happy to fulfill any testing requests or provide any info on the box.

Hi

could you pls try HEVC H265 videos (like these http://www.libde265.org/downloads-videos/) in Kodi and player such as MediaPlayerClassic (http://mpc-hc.org/).
I believe Intel GPU drivers have been recently updated to enable HEVC acceleration: i dont know theyre already installed on stock (http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_iduu).
I'd be really interested in the results since reason i'd buy this little jewel is mostly multimedia/KODI.

Thanks a lot
(2015-01-29, 10:39)Chris P Bacon Wrote: I see the Pentium 3558U and i3-4025U versions are now available from HP's UK store at £269 and £349 respectively which would suggest that the Celeron 2957U would be priced around £150 if it is launched.

I don't see these models on any other EU site, does anyone have any info on whether the 2957U will be sold in Europe?

Would rather have the Asus Vivo UN42 for less money and choose what memory/SSD I put in....
Some pretty good reviews here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...GVf2KvNyfY
Shows basic web browsing, Microsoft Word, Minecraft, XBMC / Kodi.
Goes into installing Ubuntu Linux, other operating systems
Takes it apart and shows how to upgrade the RAM and SSD Hard Disk Drive and even does an SSD Disk Performance Benchmark.

For the price and the fact that it's all there in one package with nothing to take apart, overwrite, install, mod etc, seems like a solid little package.
Still not in stock though Smile I'll grab one, try it out and iif t's just ok, it'll be for the parents then I'll check out the next level up, although the next one up replaces the SSD with a larger yet slower hard drive, whatever Smile
It's available for order again for those in the US.
so with the hp stream mini i can install a 2.5" sata drive?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2015-02-04, 18:17)Veronica Wrote: so with the hp stream mini i can install a 2.5" sata drive?

no, it's m.2 sata just like the ChromeBox (see Lon's video). It's literally the same hardware/reference board with a different firmware
yes i know that Matt but apparently it had space for another drive?
(2015-02-04, 18:39)Veronica Wrote: yes i know that Matt but apparently it had space for another drive?

I only skimmed Lon's video but didn't see that mentioned, nor space where one might fit, nor a standard sata connector.
Space is there for a standard 2.5" drive. There is a bracket to hold it. However, non standard cables are needed to connect the drive to the motherboard.
can someone else confirm this please?, if you can post a pic where we can see it would get great!
The videos that Lon did that I posted, he takes it apart and displays it quite well. Not sure if not shows you what you need.
yes i saw it but not sure if a 2.5" hdd can fit in there taking ssd apart. The port is not sata so yeah an adapter would be required.
Understood, thanks. I think I'll be ordering one tonight regardless when I get home from work tonight.
Has anyone been able to have a play yet?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP Stream Mini - 2957U/2GB/32GB $180 inc Windows1