• 22(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2021-06-05, 12:28)pierocol Wrote:
(2021-05-29, 15:22)wyrm Wrote:  
Thank you again very much for realising this update! I immediately installed it and it works fine. As a music lover, one of the most valuable improvements of Kodi 19 is the support for multi-disc albums or box sets. The DISCSUBTITLE tag is therefore used. I just noticed that "Now Playing..." displays only the box-set title and not the album title. it is possibly easy for you to implement this change. Thanks!
@pierocol ,

will add that to the list of features for next release, should not be too hard to arrange. Unfortunately I don’t use the music side of Kodi a great deal (never seem to have enough time to have a really good play). There is a wealth of information that I can display (just generally not the space to display it) so guidance on what users finds useful is always helpful to me.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2021-06-06, 07:21)wyrm Wrote:
(2021-06-05, 12:28)pierocol Wrote:
(2021-05-29, 15:22)wyrm Wrote:  
Thank you again very much for realising this update! I immediately installed it and it works fine. As a music lover, one of the most valuable improvements of Kodi 19 is the support for multi-disc albums or box sets. The DISCSUBTITLE tag is therefore used. I just noticed that "Now Playing..." displays only the box-set title and not the album title. it is possibly easy for you to implement this change. Thanks!
@pierocol ,

will add that to the list of features for next release, should not be too hard to arrange. Unfortunately I don’t use the music side of Kodi a great deal (never seem to have enough time to have a really good play). There is a wealth of information that I can display (just generally not the space to display it) so guidance on what users finds useful is always helpful to me.

Wyrm
Thanks! If it helps, the default skin of Kodi displays the DISCSUBTITLE tag, so it might be just copying from there Smile
Hello, really love the simplicity of this skin. I have a question, what xml can I edit to increase the widget limit of 12? I searched the xml and replaced all limit="12", with limit="30", but im still only getting 12 items in a widget. Thanks!
(2021-07-11, 16:22)jdig4240 Wrote: Hello, really love the simplicity of this skin. I have a question, what xml can I edit to increase the widget limit of 12? I searched the xml and replaced all limit="12", with limit="30", but im still only getting 12 items in a widget. Thanks!
@jdig4240 ,

will take a look and see what is going on. In general what you have done should have worked. Help me out and let me know what widgets you are using so that I can zero in on what you are chasing.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2021-07-12, 15:56)wyrm Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 16:22)jdig4240 Wrote: Hello, really love the simplicity of this skin. I have a question, what xml can I edit to increase the widget limit of 12? I searched the xml and replaced all limit="12", with limit="30", but im still only getting 12 items in a widget. Thanks!
@jdig4240 ,

will take a look and see what is going on. In general what you have done should have worked. Help me out and let me know what widgets you are using so that I can zero in on what you are chasing.

Wyrm
Im using the movie widget, and using favorites. I added a trending movie section from The Movie Database helper for example to favorites and chose that favorite as the widget. No matter what section i use from any addon it only displays 12 widget items.
(2021-07-12, 15:56)wyrm Wrote:
@jdig4240 ,

Wyrm

Nevermind, I got it. Not sure, maybe i didnt hit save in NP++ or something. Replaced all limit="12", with limit="30" in Includes_shelf.xml and its all good. Thanks!!
(2015-01-07, 17:43)wyrm Wrote: Announcing the reboot of xTV SAF skin, AppTV

Aim:

AppTV is an AppleTV inspired skin for XBMC. It provides a very light weight minimalist gui while also allowing access to a number of advanced Kodi features not available in the AppleTV interface. The skin has a very small footprint, ideal for lightweight Kodi systems (AppleTV's and Raspberry Pi's), while still providing a full feature set of a modern Kodi skin.

Skin is Kodi Helix (and all version after this) compliant, with the skin available in the main Kodi Helix (and all repos after this) repo. A rudimentary wiki is located here.

Development builds:

Are available via GitHub here. Be warned this is my development repo, so there may be monster's (little ones, with BIG nasty teeth)Big Grin.

Screenshots:

Home screens

Other images available on the wiki page for this skin

Current release features:

1.6.4 Leia 'Tock' Release
  • Numerous fixes to PVR subsection.
  • Add screen setting menu item to remove unused views.
  • Added a new method to display MPAA certification images. Scales much better and is quicker to display.
  • Remove Skin Helper script and replaced with Embuary Helper script instead.
  • Remove skin code to provide TV theme support, now handled by legal TVTune script.
  • Update Artistslideshow script support to use version 3.x of script.
  • Greatly expanded widget support, now allows for playlists and favourites (allows user to use Kodi VFS nodes as widgets).
  • Add home screen setting to change shelf background image.
  • Remove a number of skin settings as now redundant.
  • Cleanup of a number of inbuilt skin images.
  • Added option to use simple song lyric screen.
  • Code cleanups to make inbuilt skin content more discoverable (skin supplied playlists and home screen icons).
  • Numerous bug fixes and code cleanups.

Wyrm (September 2020)

Is there any way you can make an apple TV skin like the one on firestick
(2021-08-08, 02:42)Launcher Wrote:
(2015-01-07, 17:43)wyrm Wrote:  

Is there any way you can make an apple TV skin like the one on firestick
@Launcher ,

don’t have a fire stick so don’t know what an Apple TV skin looks like on one, how about posting some pictures so that I know what you mean.

Wyrm (AppTV)

It's like Google Cromecast TV idk if this works for the image ...
(2021-08-09, 04:03)Launcher Wrote: Image

@Launcher ,

ok got you. You want an Apple TV App skin. Am sort of working currently on a view to duplicate the look of that particular part of of the AppleTV app. As to the colours used in that particular image you can do that with the AppTV skin at the moment. After loading the AppTV from the Appearance sub menu of Kodi’s settings menu you will need to select one of the Lite themes. The default theme uses black and blue tones, the lite themes use the more modern grey tones. No difference in usage between the two, just the colours used to display UI elements. 

As to when next version of skin with hopefully the new view included will be available, when it is ready (whenever that might be). Have moved on from working on the view at the moment as things are not coming together on the code. Will work on something else until something presents itself codewise.

Wyrm

(2021-08-09, 10:59)wyrm Wrote:
(2021-08-09, 04:03)Launcher Wrote: Image

@Launcher ,

ok got you. You want an Apple TV App skin. Am sort of working currently on a view to duplicate the look of that particular part of of the AppleTV app. As to the colours used in that particular image you can do that with the AppTV skin at the moment. After loading the AppTV from the Appearance sub menu of Kodi’s settings menu you will need to select one of the Lite themes. The default theme uses black and blue tones, the lite themes use the more modern grey tones. No difference in usage between the two, just the colours used to display UI elements. 

As to when next version of skin with hopefully the new view included will be available, when it is ready (whenever that might be). Have moved on from working on the view at the moment as things are not coming together on the code. Will work on something else until something presents itself codewise.

Wyrm

Thank you for explaining and I will try that and once again thank you for your hard work and sharing this skin with us 🍻😊👍
Music 
Hello
I noticed the following. There are no scroll areas in the file manager.
An icon appears at "Running" in progress.
If you could show the display for the volume and mute only the icon.

Sorry for my bad English!
@CoolFux ,

Sorry about delay with reply have been busy in Real life. Will try to answer your questions, but need a few more details. Your English is fine, just very light on details.

(2021-09-12, 13:19)CoolFux Wrote: Hello
I noticed the following. There are no scroll areas in the file manager.
Good spot, this is not something I use at all as I prefer to do my file management outside of Kodi. Currently fixing and will post to my GitHub when I am happy with the code. Will be in next official release.

Quote:An icon appears at "Running" in progress.
Sorry sport, really need more details on what the issue is and where it is occurring. Maybe post a screen grab to show the problem. Bonus points if you can tell me on what screen it happens.

Quote:If you could show the display for the volume and mute only the icon.
Funny enough I have been trying to come up with a more modern look to the volume dialog. So you would prefer just a volume or mute icon to appear with no background image, is that correct? Feel free to give some more details on what you think should (and where it should) appear.

Quote:Sorry for my bad English!
I’m Australian, here we believe the Queen sheds a silent tear every time we open our mouths to utter her English. Might be some truth to that. Your English is fine, just give a lot more details and I should be able to understand what you are chasing.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hello, thank you for your answer!
I come from Germany. I think the Skin AppTV is really great!
I meant the volume dialog differently. I'll take some screenshots of the volume dialog in the next few days.
I noticed that some descriptions are not translated, if you need help with translation I am happy to help.
Where are you from Australia?

Here is a photo of the icon "running right now".

ImageImage
Greeting
Here is a photo of the icon "running right now"
Greeting
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1