Win XBMC keyboard blank
I am using windows 7 with a clean install of Kodi 14.0. I was attempting to use the XBMC keyboard but when it popped up it was blank and would not allow mw to input anything. It was working about an hour previous to this occurring.
Are you using the default skin, Confluence? Very odd that it was fine an hour ago, but then now is blank.
I'm having exactly the same problem. Running 14.1 on Windows 8.1.
I've migrated everything from XBMC 13.2 and now I get a blank virtual keyboard and whenever I type on my physical keyboard, it only activates the keyboard shortcuts instead of typing text into the field. This happens regardless of the skin I use.

I already checked if "remote sends keyboard presses" is checked, but the option isn't even there in settings -> system -> Input devices!

Any ideas?
is anyone else having issues with a xbox controllers? they worked fine before.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217570
I too am having this issue, and on the same O.S. (Win 8.1) but with Kodi 14.0. I will now update to 14.1 and see what happens.
Can you take a screenshot/photograph of when this happens? Your description isn't very clear.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
switch to confluence
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
After downloading Kodi 14.1 I am still having the same issue (blank keys on the virtual keyboard...meaning the keys are there but there are no letters on them). This occurs no matter what skin, and I have tried several including Confluence. Oh, and I also verified the keyboard international settings were correct. I even changed them to another setting and back again to see if that made a difference...it didn't.
I'm having the same issues with the blank keyboard. Windows 7, Kodi 14.1, Confluence

Here's a picture:
Blank Keyboard

This pic shows me trying to edit some movie titles that aren't being picked up correctly in my library. This worked correctly for me in Kodi 14.0. Also same keyboard issue when trying to configure addons with username/pwds.
Apologies, I had switched to using Confluence 7 Icons skin and that's when I got the blank keyboard. When I switched back to Confluence, the keyboard worked perfectly again.
Hi,

I've been having the same problem since I recently installed Kodi.
There's a blank keyboard in Back Row but when I switch to Confluence the keyboard is OK.
Pls help.

Vikram

Hi,

I uninstalled & re-installed back row. Now everything is working fine.

Thanks
Thanks & Regards.
Vikram
(2015-11-17, 13:53)VikramSandhu Wrote: Hi,

I've been having the same problem since I recently installed Kodi.
There's a blank keyboard in Back Row but when I switch to Confluence the keyboard is OK.
Pls help.

Vikram

There should be an update for back-row. Please check you have correct version installed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keyboard blank0