Solved Textbox auto height cutting off tails
As seen in these 2 images the tails of the letters g and y are getting cut off when using auto height.

3 lines

2 lines

I've tested this in Confluence but there's no problem with its font so I guess it must be font specific - I'm using HelveticaNeue_Lt.ttf.

Thanks.

PS Before I tested this in Confluence I did notice that it's plot textbox wasn't high enough to start with and letters were getting cut off anyway. Line 854 in DialogVideoInfo needs a height of 122 to fix this. Wink
(2015-01-16, 11:24)Hitcher Wrote: PS Before I tested this in Confluence I did notice that it's plot textbox wasn't high enough to start with and letters were getting cut off anyway. Line 854 in DialogVideoInfo needs a height of 122 to fix this. Wink

fixed, thx!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cool.

I'll report the other problem on trac tomorrow if no-one's replied before then.
I've never understood how auto height works. So in your screenshots, how do you keep the textbox from covering the controls below it? Grouplist?
Can´t reproduce on my side (Linux) or I am too stupid to notice Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-01-17, 04:10)bryanbrazil Wrote: I've never understood how auto height works. So in your screenshots, how do you keep the textbox from covering the controls below it? Grouplist?
You set a max height. So in my example it's 3 lines but as you can see when you only need 2 lines they're still getting cut off.
(2015-01-17, 09:48)mkortstiege Wrote: Can´t reproduce on my side (Linux) or I am too stupid to notice Wink
What font are you using? In Confluence (Roboto-Regular.ttf) it doesn't happen but in my skin (HelveticaNeue_Lt.ttf) is does.
Used the wip one you provided to me some days ago.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The letters g and y don't look cutoff for you then?

Strange as they're definitely getting cutoff on Windows and Android.
(2015-01-17, 11:15)Hitcher Wrote: The letters g and y don't look cutoff for you then?

Strange as they're definitely getting cutoff on Windows and Android.

No obvious cutoff noticeable here. Will test again on OSX.
Looks good on OSX as well. Do I have to modify something to trigger this?
I'm pretty sure the version I sent you was using auto height for the textbox but if you could check DialogVideoInfo.xml that would be great, thanks.
Jep, just checked. My version is using auto height.

From that screenshot it seems you're running 16:10 whereas I'm running 16:9 - could that be the reason you're not seeing it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Tried running in 16:10 and the problem is still here on Windows and if I remove the auto height and replace with the max value used nothing is cutoff.
(2015-01-17, 12:04)mkortstiege Wrote: Jep, just checked. My version is using auto height.

I've worked out why it's working for you for that movie and when it doesn't work - it cuts the tails off when the complete plot will fit in the textbox but not when it overflows as seen in this screenshot -

So if you could check again but with a smaller plot we could be getting somewhere.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also discovered that when using 'auto' for the textbox height the scrollbar is still visible even if you use <showonepage>false</showonepage> in it and the textbox is less than one page. Huh
I am finally able to reproduce. Will try to fix once i understood the font/texture voodoo ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Textbox auto height cutting off tails0