Poll: What's most important?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clean Interface (little 'clutter')
37.27%
View types (List, Banner etc)
25.45%
Customisation (Colours etc)
20.91%
Integration with other add-ons (explain)
7.27%
Additional themes
6.36%
None of the above, leave the skin just as it is!
2.73%
Total
110 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

What's most important to you?
(2015-01-31, 17:44)Piers Wrote: So far, what I'm taking from the results is that the majority want little changed apart from the ability to change tile colours and possibly some tweaking to the views. Would that be correct?

My vote is strictly on a clean interface.

Based on the above, that sounds about right but also customisable sub-menus was mentioned a few times (not just colours). Maybe worth considering that as well.

Tweaking the views is interesting, but I hope the emphasis will be on tweaking and not major changes Smile

Thanks for posting this thread and taking feedback Piers.
(2015-01-31, 20:18)forkless Wrote: If there is one thing I would love to see changed (or have an option for) it would be an inverted viewed media marker. As it is now they show for partially played media and non-played media. When I hide my viewed media (my default) I would only like to see those markers on partially and fully played media so you don't have the extra clutter when viewing in unviewed only mode.

PS. Huge fan of your skin!

I really like markers on Unplayed/Partial, so the way it is currently. Best compromise if this is something Piers will consider is the way Amber or Aeon does it with toggles for each marker in settings.
(2015-02-01, 13:47)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 20:18)forkless Wrote: If there is one thing I would love to see changed (or have an option for) it would be an inverted viewed media marker. As it is now they show for partially played media and non-played media. When I hide my viewed media (my default) I would only like to see those markers on partially and fully played media so you don't have the extra clutter when viewing in unviewed only mode.

PS. Huge fan of your skin!

I really like markers on Unplayed/Partial, so the way it is currently. Best compromise if this is something Piers will consider is the way Amber or Aeon does it with toggles for each marker in settings.

I understand you have your preference, for me however wanting to hide (which is my preferred default) already played media from the library the markers for fully played media do not make any sense logically. I can see them in my library ergo I haven't played them yet.

The whole idea for me behind this is to keep the less is more philosophy... this also applies to the content for me. Obviously I use the full view as well at times but I only do this when I'm browsing to re-watch a TV episode/movie which is probably less than 5% (and that is being extremely optimistic) of the time.

Anyway, I don't want anybody to lose out on their preferred way of viewing their content, so the only way to deal with this I guess is having an option to switch the marker behavior.
1. Keep it clean and consistant and not to much info/numbers/links allover the place.
2. make sure it does not look empty - for instance if you have watched all your episodes of your tv shows - then the home screen tvshow poster is empty and the bigbanner under tv shows is also empty. So if you are fully uptodate it looks like there is something wrong. Can that be handled somehow?
3. add on support - but I really think this should be something xbmc/kodi should handle. Why is it that add ons need to be skinned for every skin - it ruins the experience of xbmc/kodi.
(2015-02-02, 10:51)needtotest Wrote: 1. Keep it clean and consistant and not to much info/numbers/links allover the place.
2. make sure it does not look empty - for instance if you have watched all your episodes of your tv shows - then the home screen tvshow poster is empty and the bigbanner under tv shows is also empty. So if you are fully uptodate it looks like there is something wrong. Can that be handled somehow?
3. add on support - but I really think this should be something xbmc/kodi should handle. Why is it that add ons need to be skinned for every skin - it ruins the experience of xbmc/kodi.

1) That's how I hope people currently see it.
2) You can change all the artwork widgets to display 'new releases' 'in cinemas now' and various other types + playlists. You just need to set it up in the Skin Options or by pressing backspace on the item.
3) There is support for a lot of add-ons, but I'm unsure which you would like support for.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-01-31, 10:04)eirki Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 17:05)eskay993 Wrote: - Ability to choose different fade levels for fanart. Eminence does this really well with Light / Moderate / Heavy levels of fade options in Settings.

I would like this as well.

this. Also wouldn't mind having a white version, just feel so many skins are dark.
I would really like support for the OpenElec setting plugin/addon which right now is specific confluence.
(2015-02-13, 12:05)needtotest Wrote: I would really like support for the OpenElec setting plugin/addon which right now is specific confluence.

I am using this skin on OpenELEC too which is why I thought an integration of the settings addon could be pretty cool.
now take a look at my fork for a preview:

this isn't a mockup - it's early-stage working code. https://github.com/freeman212/1080X
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2015-02-13, 12:05)needtotest Wrote: I would really like support for the OpenElec setting plugin/addon which right now is specific confluence.

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet, but this has been in my version for over 6 months.
(2015-02-15, 01:04)im85288 Wrote:

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet, but this has been in my version for over 6 months.

yeah, but yours isn't that different from the original one, just some different textures to take away the confluence look, not a real skin integration to provide the design language of 1080XF/Xperience.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2015-02-15, 02:34)freem@n Wrote:

yeah, but yours isn't that different from the original one, just some different textures to take away the confluence look, not a real skin integration to provide the design language of 1080XF/Xperience.

True, looking forward to including your version when it's completed Smile

I noticed that, feel free to blow any trumpets you like.

This may be included in the base version.

A welcome feature, full integration with "Video Extras", an auto download for aditional contends, some trailers, making off...

sorry for the english

cheers.
(2015-02-16, 06:21)Soujirou Seta Wrote: A welcome feature, full integration with "Video Extras", an auto download for aditional contends, some trailers, making off...

sorry for the english

cheers.

That mostly makes sense, I think. Can you please write it in your native language and provide the actual add-on name?

* Right list view like in mq5
* cinema experience addon support
* trakt support
* able to customize widgets
* extended info addon support
* "liveness" to a skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's most important to you?1