Poll: What's most important?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clean Interface (little 'clutter')
37.27%
View types (List, Banner etc)
25.45%
Customisation (Colours etc)
20.91%
Integration with other add-ons (explain)
7.27%
Additional themes
6.36%
None of the above, leave the skin just as it is!
2.73%
Total
110 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

What's most important to you?
A request to who? You're the author lol

2) i use all the possible things of cinema experience
(2015-02-20, 23:19)Skank Wrote: A request to who? You're the author lol

2) i use all the possible things of cinema experience

A git request. You code the changes you'd like to see and send that over to me on github. That's what I mean by request.

"all the possible things" <- that doesn't answer the question. Which specific features would you like to see?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
This i want
Cinema Experience Sequence - Thanks SlaveUnit for posting this

1. Trivia Intro Video(s)
2. Slides w/ music playlist
3. Trivia Outro Video(s)
4. Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
5. Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
7. Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)
8. Feature Presentation Intro Video(s)
9. Rating
10. Audio (DD/DTS/THX etc)
11. Countdown Video
12. Movie Starts
13. Intermission Video(s) - If selected
14. Rating Video - if selected
15. Audio Format Video - if selected
16. Next Movie Starts
. The last three can repeat up to 3 more times
17. Feature Presentation Outro Video(s)
18. Movie Theatre Outro Video(s)
(2015-02-20, 23:28)Skank Wrote: This i want

1. Trivia Intro Video(s)
3. Trivia Outro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
9. Rating
11. Countdown Video
12. Movie Starts
16. Next Movie Starts

I haven't used that script in a year or so - as I said, there is limited support. I'll need to take a look at what's changed and update files accordingly.

Meh cinema experience.. really don't get the appeal of that addon, but each to their own. The main philosophy of this skin is function and simplicity sprinkled with eye candy and reduced clutter, so I wouldn't personally vote for too much integration with addons that do the opposite.

Only thing I would say on the osd menu, I like how it's minimal and just shows the navigation buttons (full info available elsewhere when you press i), but I feel it really needs to also show the seek bar by default as this is important info that most people (i assume) expect to see when they press osd.

The seek bar does pop up when you seek/pause/etc, but often you want to see where you are in a video, how much time left, then decide if you want to skip/seek/etc. Currently you have to pause the video first to see the seek bar, then make a decision. Or you just want to quickly see time/etc and the natural button to press is OK/Enter.

Tried tweaking it myself, but couldn't really figure out the animation part to make it trigger from the start.

What do you think?
What's wrong with pressing 'I' to show the seekbar?

(2015-02-20, 23:30)Piers Wrote:

1. Trivia Intro Video(s)
3. Trivia Outro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
9. Rating
11. Countdown Video
12. Movie Starts
16. Next Movie Starts

I haven't used that script in a year or so - as I said, there is limited support. I'll need to take a look at what's changed and update files accordingly.

That would be wel ome!
(2015-02-21, 09:28)Skank Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 23:30)Piers Wrote:

1. Trivia Intro Video(s)
3. Trivia Outro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
9. Rating
11. Countdown Video
12. Movie Starts
16. Next Movie Starts

That would be wel ome!

I've made the fix to the skin, it should now work. There is no dedicated button and there won't be one. If you have the add-on set up correctly then press Play when looking at the Info area.

Next time you'd like a feature please remember that all skinners do this free of charge and in our own time. We have other things that must get done as well.

(2015-02-21, 00:51)Piers Wrote: What's wrong with pressing 'I' to show the seekbar?

If you are a keyboard user it's fine, sort of, but having separate key to see seekbar and osd menu is counter intuitive. The seek bar is part of the navigation and should be visible at all times during the navigation menu (clue is in the name Wink). Things like plot and title are not crucial so they can be separate in the info section.

The fact that is it actually already part of the navigation menu, just hidden until you seek, shows that even Black saw the need for it. I am just saying take it to the next step and have it visible below the buttons by default.

Also, as mentioned in the past not everyone is using keyboards. Many people have limited remotes with small number of button, so having to have separate mappings for osd and info just to see the seek bar (without actually seeking) is also counter intuitive. I don't need to do this for any other skin I've tried (and I've tried them all). This is the only skin where I "lose" a button, so to speak.

Hope that makes sense.
(2015-02-21, 09:58)Piers Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 09:28)Skank Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 23:30)Piers Wrote: I haven't used that script in a year or so - as I said, there is limited support. I'll need to take a look at what's changed and update files accordingly.

That would be wel ome!

I've made the fix to the skin, it should now work. There is no dedicated button and there won't be one. If you have the add-on set up correctly then press Play when looking at the Info area.

Next time you'd like a feature please remember that all skinners do this free of charge and in our own time. We have other things that must get done as well.

Cool. Thats quick.
I know that skinners do this for free. But you asked what we would like.. So i answered.
(2015-02-21, 12:56)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 00:51)Piers Wrote: What's wrong with pressing 'I' to show the seekbar?

If you are a keyboard user it's fine, sort of, but having separate key to see seekbar and osd menu is counter intuitive. The seek bar is part of the navigation and should be visible at all times during the navigation menu (clue is in the name Wink). Things like plot and title are not crucial so they can be separate in the info section.

The fact that is it actually already part of the navigation menu, just hidden until you seek, shows that even Black saw the need for it. I am just saying take it to the next step and have it visible below the buttons by default.

Also, as mentioned in the past not everyone is using keyboards. Many people have limited remotes with small number of button, so having to have separate mappings for osd and info just to see the seek bar (without actually seeking) is also counter intuitive. I don't need to do this for any other skin I've tried (and I've tried them all). This is the only skin where I "lose" a button, so to speak.

Hope that makes sense.

You make a good point, I often forget to think about people using remotes.

Just so I have a clear idea, can you please take a screenshot and stick an arrow where you want to show and under which conditions.

(2015-02-21, 20:52)Piers Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 12:56)eskay993 Wrote:

Hope that makes sense.

Just so I have a clear idea, can you please take a screenshot and stick an arrow where you want to show and under which conditions.

Sure thing. For reference, I am suggesting we follow the current OSD style when the video is paused. To see it in action, press Enter when a video is playing then press the pause button. The seek bar pops up. My suggestion is to remove this pop animation and just have the seek bar visible form the the start:

Suggested OSD Menu when you press Enter:

Currently how it looks when you press the pause button:

With this approach, when you pause/seek/etc, no need for the animation as it's just a consistent look thoughtout the OSD navigation.

Thanks Piers!
(2015-02-21, 21:24)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 20:52)Piers Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 12:56)eskay993 Wrote: If you are a keyboard user it's fine, sort of, but having separate key to see seekbar and osd menu is counter intuitive. The seek bar is part of the navigation and should be visible at all times during the navigation menu (clue is in the name Wink). Things like plot and title are not crucial so they can be separate in the info section.

Hope that makes sense.

Sure thing. For reference, I am suggesting we follow the current OSD style when the video is paused. To see it in action, press Enter when a video is playing then press the pause button. The seek bar pops up. My suggestion is to remove this pop animation and just have the seek bar visible form the the start:

Suggested OSD Menu when you press Enter:

Currently how it looks when you press the pause button:

With this approach, when you pause/seek/etc, no need for the animation as it's just a consistent look thoughtout the OSD navigation.

Thanks Piers!

As that wouldn't fit and takes up far too much space on the screen, I've gone a different route that I think people will like.

I've added an additional bar to the top, it's small but provides - as you requested - as visual indicator of where you are in a film/episode etc. There's no need to add a time to it since the end time is displayed at the top right of the screen. It's also non-obtrusive.

The item disappears when paused or seeking.

Edit: I've spotted a problem with the above.

I've corrected the issue, here's the final version.

Video

Audio

Thanks Piers. Looks good. My original suggestion was in an effort to try an minimise design changes, but I agree it's too big.

Only thing - When I was referring to the seek bar, I should have been more clear - I also meant the time (which is important info relating to the seek bar). If you imagine someone who doesn't map "i" and only uses OK/Enter they won't be able to see the time except by navigating to the "i" button with is a lot of presses for something that gets checked fairly often.

Couple of suggestions below - What do you think? Also with this style, I would imagine there would be no need to have the old pause/seek popup animations with the old seek bar. Can just stick to this style for all navigation.

#1:

#2:

#3:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's most important to you?1