• 3(current)
Skin Testing: Xperience1080 3.50 - Released!
my screen isnt calibrated properly
(2015-02-04, 02:51)stuCONNERS Wrote: my screen isnt calibrated properly

I see, do you need help with that or are you just testing?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
3.45.15-beta2 now available.

Has no one found issues with the latest beta?

Switched to your Beta today, seems all good for the moment.
backpowered RaspberryPi Model B, Kodi15, Boblight-Ambilight,
arm_freq=1040 core_freq=520 gpu_freq=510 isp_freq=510 sdram_freq=600
over_voltage_sdram=6 over_voltage=8 current_limit_override=1 force_turbo=1
gpu_mem=256 force_turbo=1 avoid_pwm_pll=1 current_limit_override=1
Well, that's good. If no issues are reported, and once the languages are translated, I'll release a RC for final testing.

Can someone report something? Ideally if you've found any issues with the beta OR if it's working as expected and whether you like the changes.

As previously mentioned, I've changed the width of the home screen sections to (hopefully) incorporate what everyone wanted - more use of the home screen but not too wide so it looks out of place.

All looks fine to me (bearing in mind I don't use Live TV or Music). Thanks Piers.

Not a bug but an observation - I noticed the focuseditem title label for Landscape view is now set to scroll false. Is this a deliberate change? I use Landscape for episodes, so handy having it scroll. Not sure when this change happened, but I only just noticed.
Greetings Mr. Piers! I don’t have a TV-card to test those sections for bug-report but all the other sections that I currently use beside that has been bug free and work great. Thanks for all the hard work.
Here are some minor inputs regarding the home screen. Out of all of the personal mods that I use, these are perhaps the ones that other people might find useful as well. These are some minor additions without breaking the flow of the skin or cluttering the layout.

Img:

* Arrow left/right as seen in the screenshot above to indicate for novice users (kids) that there’re are other sections to browse left and right to. This is especially needed now with the new home layout that doesn’t show parts of the other sections as in the original Metro-UI layout style.

* When kiosk-mode is enabled the “favourite” home-button as well as the “menu button on the remote control or ( C ) on the keyboard” should be hidden and disabled as well in order to protect the system from harmful changes. Aeon skin has always worked like that when in Kiosk-Mode.

* When a user for example disables the TV-Shows category for this skin and doesn’t have any content in the TV-show database then the “TVShows.Count” next to the profile image as well as “Search for Episodes/TV-Shows” from the search-bar should be hidden and disabled as well.

* Date in the home screen would be useful in my opinion as shown in the screenshot. I’ve set mine to show up after the “user-name” is displayed next to the profile pic. (User-name/Date/Movies.Count/Music.SongsCount etc.), that way it doesn’t clutter the home-layout.

* Ability to disable the "HOME" category for those that doesn't need it.

* Show a generic fanart, poster or cd-cover when the widgets are blank. For example when all the content is watched and there’s nothing to display in the spotlight etc. The Homescreens really looks empty when a blank-widget is shown.

* Ability to select/use a generic-thumbnail-view when in file-mode, for example musicfiles etc. as possible in the Confluence skin. (I’m not sure how many people really use file-mode nowadays, that’s why I mention this last, but for those of us that use it this would be indeed a much appreciated addition as well as useful.)

Many thanks for keeping this excellent skin alive. Best regards
just downloaded the latest github version. Kiosk mode doesnt work on fanart view, seems fine on the others.
(2015-02-04, 22:50)Piers Wrote: Has no one found issues with the latest beta?

The issues with album view mentioned here (artist only appears for the currently highlighted item, and is not properly right-aligned) are still there.
I would second all the suggestions AhuraMazda made
(2015-02-05, 16:37)AhuraMazda Wrote: Greetings Mr. Piers! I don’t have a TV-card to test those sections for bug-report but all the other sections that I currently use beside that has been bug free and work great. Thanks for all the hard work.
Here are some minor inputs regarding the home screen. Out of all of the personal mods that I use, these are perhaps the ones that other people might find useful as well. These are some minor additions without breaking the flow of the skin or cluttering the layout.

Img:

* Arrow left/right as seen in the screenshot above to indicate for novice users (kids) that there’re are other sections to browse left and right to. This is especially needed now with the new home layout that doesn’t show parts of the other sections as in the original Metro-UI layout style.

* When kiosk-mode is enabled the “favourite” home-button as well as the “menu button on the remote control or ( C ) on the keyboard” should be hidden and disabled as well in order to protect the system from harmful changes. Aeon skin has always worked like that when in Kiosk-Mode.

* When a user for example disables the TV-Shows category for this skin and doesn’t have any content in the TV-show database then the “TVShows.Count” next to the profile image as well as “Search for Episodes/TV-Shows” from the search-bar should be hidden and disabled as well.

* Date in the home screen would be useful in my opinion as shown in the screenshot. I’ve set mine to show up after the “user-name” is displayed next to the profile pic. (User-name/Date/Movies.Count/Music.SongsCount etc.), that way it doesn’t clutter the home-layout.

* Ability to disable the "HOME" category for those that doesn't need it.

* Show a generic fanart, poster or cd-cover when the widgets are blank. For example when all the content is watched and there’s nothing to display in the spotlight etc. The Homescreens really looks empty when a blank-widget is shown.

* Ability to select/use a generic-thumbnail-view when in file-mode, for example musicfiles etc. as possible in the Confluence skin. (I’m not sure how many people really use file-mode nowadays, that’s why I mention this last, but for those of us that use it this would be indeed a much appreciated addition as well as useful.)

Many thanks for keeping this excellent skin alive. Best regards

1) Arrows - possibly, not sure I'm a fan.

2) I'll look into that - thanks.

3) ""

4) Possibly, putting up with the profile image is a good idea, but a lot of people disable that.

5) Disabling Home - not going to happen.

6) Nope

7) Please explain further with screen shots.

(2015-02-05, 19:24)stuCONNERS Wrote: just downloaded the latest github version. Kiosk mode doesnt work on fanart view, seems fine on the others.

Thank you, will take a look.

(2015-02-05, 20:03)eirki Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 22:50)Piers Wrote: Has no one found issues with the latest beta?

The issues with album view mentioned here (artist only appears for the currently highlighted item, and is not properly right-aligned) are still there.

I keep forgetting about that, taking a look. Thank you for reminding me.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Testing: Xperience1080 3.50 - Released!1