Win Network has me stumped.
I am now completely stumped on why I am unable to access via Kodi the shared drive on my media pc. I can browse the shared drive no problems on the laptop via windows file manager in both network as well as home-group however Kodi will not see it at all.
I am trying to add all my shows via the smb option which works fine on another laptop that I have.

I tried a clean install of windows 7 on 3 different laptops all with the same problem of Kodi not being able to see the share yet all of them can browse the network share fine via file manager.

Juist to clarify what I mean by network share is I have a windows 7 machine which is my media center , connected to this is my usb drive with all my media on it , the folders on this drive have be set to share with full control to everybody including guests.

Not really sure what to look for any ideas ??
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man
On the share folder, properties>security>advanced>everyone>change permissions>choose everyone and click edit:
Click full control and change for: folder, subfolder & files and see how you go.
Thanks for that , I had to add everyone as it was not even there (very strange). Seems to be picking things up now which is the main thing, I wonder why another laptop which has Kodi on picked it up ok without me having to make the change.

Anyway thanks for that.
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man
^the difference is that either some of those clients are not connected to the homegroup, or are set up using a different User & PW. In those cases, you need "everyone" to share. So adding them all to Homegroup or signing in as the same User as the share would also likely solve the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network has me stumped.0