PlexXBMC Plugin
I am trying this skin (BETA) with PlexXBMC plugin on FireTV.

I have found something that isn't right.

On the Now Playing screen when listening to music, on the overlay at bottom of screen with track info, album cover, etc, rather than a spinning disk there is a second album cover that spins where the disk should be.

Also, is there a way to access the Playlists that have been created in Plex?

Thanks!
(2015-02-08, 18:28)JDizzy Wrote: I am trying this skin (BETA) with PlexXBMC plugin on FireTV.

I have found something that isn't right.

On the Now Playing screen when listening to music, on the overlay at bottom of screen with track info, album cover, etc, rather than a spinning disk there is a second album cover that spins where the disk should be.

Also, is there a way to access the Playlists that have been created in Plex?

Thanks!

Thanks for the catch, which version of the plexbmc addon are you running ?
I will take a look and see if I can reproduce. Will also look if the addon supports the playlists, don't know about that.

It's been a while since I last tested the skin with Plex as I use mediabrowser myself.
Do you know if you can access the playlists if you open up the plexbmc addon from video-addons ?

If so, I think there will be way to get them displayed elsewhere in the skin. If not, you'll have to wait untill this gets it to the addon.
Yeah, I don't think Playlists are supported in plugin. After posting here I realized that if it was not available in plugin, then I wouldn't believe it possible for skin.
I left a reply over there asking if it would be included sometime but not sure if development is ongoing.

I know you can create a playlist through Kodi/smb but no song information/etc is available that way.

I am using the latest beta3 of Plexmbc plugin.

I like the MB plugin but everything loads so slowly and often, mainly thumbs.
For some reason with Plexmbc the initial load (cache) takes a few seconds but is instantaneous thereafter.
It also doesn't seem to refresh when backing out after watching movie. (which might be more of a server issue?!)

At the moment I am just comparing all options for best results.
Thanks!
I don't think that the plexbmc addon is very actively developed at the moment, but I can be wrong about this. Hopefully your feature request will be picked up by one of the devs.

You're right about the loading times. Plex seemes to load a lot quicker then the MB3 addon.
The MB3 addon loads way more data and artwork of the media so that's the explaination.
So it's either basic info and good speed with Plex or all bells and whistles and a bit slower with MB3 :-)

Now there are done lots of speed optimizations in the MB3 addon already in the past weeks.
I have the feeling that this will be resolved too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlexXBMC Plugin0