How to detect missing movie files?
Is there any way to detect missing video files that are linked with the movie titles contained in the library. Something like "Clean library" function, but without removing movies from the video library. It should just list the movies with the missing files.
I had a quite large collection of movies and it seems that somehow I lost some movie files from my video archive. I'm not sure how many and which one. If I just run "Clean Library" I will lost any information about missing movies and won't be able to detect them any more.

Any help please? Confused
If I'm understanding correctly, this is what you're looking for- Add-on:Missing_Movie_Scanner (wiki)
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-02-09, 18:36)wgstarks Wrote: If I'm understanding correctly, this is what you're looking for- Add-on:Missing_Movie_Scanner (wiki)

Thanks for try, but this is not what I'm looking for. Actually, I need something quite the opposite. With the "Missing Movie Scanner" add-on you can locate video files in your video archive that are not scraped & added to the XBMC video library for some reason. But in my case, all my video files were added to the XBMC library correctly, and later on I lost some of them by mistake (file system damage actually). Now I need to find the way how to detect what is lost.
No, I dont think anything out there is designed for this, and Im unsure anything can be adapted to to this automatically.

You can make note of the files that the file system correction detects are damaged and take care of it yourself.
Is it possible at least to log the "Clean library" process somehow, so that I can check what titles are removed from the XBMC video library?
You can do that but only by removing the corrupt files form library first then running clean library. which is kinda pointless if you think about it.

The library scanner/scrapers doesn't care if you have 0 byte files or 5GB, as long as they named like that they are scanned as such.
"Clean library" also removes entires that have missing files..
texturecache.py missing movies kodi-movie-source ?

scott s.
(2015-02-10, 04:01)scott967 Wrote: texturecache.py missing movies kodi-movie-source ?

scott s.

Close, but not quite, as he doesn't want to know the movies that are in his filesystem but which haven't been scanned. Instead, he wants to identify those movies that have already been scanned but are now missing from his filesystem. Kind of a "missing files" option, rather than "missing movies".

You can accomplish this with the "qa" option when setting "@qafile=yes" - texturecache.py should then verify if the media file exists or not, and warn if not.

Code:
texturecache.py qa movies @qafile=yes @qaperiod=9999 @qa.art.movies=

I've added two more settings to the above example: "@qaperiod=9999" so that it considers all movies added in the previous 9999 days (default is only 30 days), and "@qa.art.movies=" so that it doesn't whine about missing poster/fanart as this isn't relevant to the problem at hand.

Note that it's a script, not an addon, and it requires Python. If the OP can't handle this, he'll need to find something else. See my sig for installation details etc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes Milhouse, you catched the point. I had some 2500+ movies organized in separate folders on a HDD. And then the file system was damaged... I did system CHKDSK, and it is fixed now, but some folders and files are lost. I don't know which one and how many. The only information that I have about my original video collection is contained in Kodi/XBMC video database. Now, if I do "Clean library" the information will be lost forever. I do not have the problem even to do the Clean library but if I can have some kind of report what titles are removed from the database, so that I can add the missing movies to my collection again.

I will try proposed solution and let you know the outcome.
Smile 
(2015-02-10, 04:46)Milhouse Wrote:
Code:

Work like a charm! Thanks a million! You were very helpful. Wink
(2015-02-10, 17:59)mihvel Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 04:46)Milhouse Wrote:
Code:

Work like a charm! Thanks a million! You were very helpful. Wink

I figured if it could be done, Milhouse would find a way to do it!

scott s.
Hoping someone can help me on the same problem. The only difference is that I lost an entire drive. I was able to figure out how to run the script but the results are not showing the missing movies. These are the results

There should be several hundred movies missing but this is all that is listed.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Change "@qafile=yes" to "@qa.file=yes" - the name of this property changed to "qa.file" in November 2015.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks so much, that worked! 583 movies I have to pull from my backups.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to detect missing movie files?0