Can we have a native Raspbian KODI build
Hello!
I have installed Kodi with sudo apt-get install kodi, and setted the gpu_mem to 256.
Even though, when I run Kodi (either via kodi-standalone in the CLI and via Kodi Media Center in the GUI) nothing happen!
What am I doing wrong?
debug log (wiki)
Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/j9QKKPGA
I can't see anything wrong...
Code:
15:36:16 T:1961078784  NOTICE: ARM mem: 944MB GPU mem: 64MB MPG2:0 WVC1:0
You don't have gpu_mem set to 256,
That's odd, here is the content of my /boot/config.txt file:
http://pastebin.com/2359vDu1[/u]
(2015-05-30, 18:30)avalloneandrea Wrote: That's odd, here is the content of my /boot/config.txt file:
http://pastebin.com/2359vDu1[/u]

Looks like you are using NOOBS which means there are multiple boot partitions.
There was a version of NOOBS that mapped the wrong /boot partition in /etc/fstab.
I believe that should be fixed on upgrading (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade).
Yes I'm using NOOBS, but I have no /etc/fstab directory.
I performed a sudo apt-get upgrade update, and now the log says the gpu_mem is 256.
Even though, when I run kodi-standalone, still nothing happens.
Here is my new log:
http://pastebin.com/1KjBkXwr
Any idea on what I can do?
I suspect kodi is running but the hdmi mode used isn't showing on your display.
It looks like you booted raspbian in VGA mode:
Code:
19:56:01 T:1961414656   DEBUG: EGL initial desktop resolution 640x480 (640x480) @ 60.00 - Full Screen (1.00)

Is that all your display supports? Can you try with another display?
I don't know whether or not this is the right place to ask but I have some questions to ask about Kodi on Raspbian.

I run my pi as both a media server and a print server. Both work fine but when I turn on the TV and switch the source channel, there is nothing but a black screen. I reboot using putTTY on my PC and everything loads fine (Kodi loading automatically and CUPS running fine) but the CEC remote doesn't work. I then have to reload Kodi to be able to use the remote.

Then, it sometimes randomly switches off during playback. I can access it using puTTY or Juice (on my tablet) and reboot it and everything is fine. I can still print stuff when this happens as well.

Are there any solutions for this as I have hit a mental block.
(2015-06-03, 22:00)sjholland87 Wrote: I don't know whether or not this is the right place to ask but I have some questions to ask about Kodi on Raspbian.

I run my pi as both a media server and a print server. Both work fine but when I turn on the TV and switch the source channel, there is nothing but a black screen. I reboot using putTTY on my PC and everything loads fine (Kodi loading automatically and CUPS running fine) but the CEC remote doesn't work. I then have to reload Kodi to be able to use the remote.

Then, it sometimes randomly switches off during playback. I can access it using puTTY or Juice (on my tablet) and reboot it and everything is fine. I can still print stuff when this happens as well.

Try adding this to your config.txt file on the SD card's boot partition:
Code:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

I'm not sure if it will actually help, since you say it sometimes turns off during playback, but it might be worth a shot.
(2015-06-03, 12:44)popcornmix Wrote: I suspect kodi is running but the hdmi mode used isn't showing on your display.
It looks like you booted raspbian in VGA mode:
Code:
19:56:01 T:1961414656   DEBUG: EGL initial desktop resolution 640x480 (640x480) @ 60.00 - Full Screen (1.00)

Is that all your display supports? Can you try with another display?

Actually my Pi isn't connected to a display.
I'm carrying out the test via VNC, but in the end I'm planning to use the Kodi WebUI to watch the video stream.
Is this feasible?
(2015-06-04, 10:13)avalloneandrea Wrote: Actually my Pi isn't connected to a display.
I'm carrying out the test via VNC, but in the end I'm planning to use the Kodi WebUI to watch the video stream.
Is this feasible?

Kodi renders using overlays (opengl and video) and doesn't use the X framebuffer.
Therefore VNC will see nothing. You will need to connect a display to set it up.
(2015-06-04, 09:11)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 22:00)sjholland87 Wrote: I don't know whether or not this is the right place to ask but I have some questions to ask about Kodi on Raspbian.

Try adding this to your config.txt file on the SD card's boot partition:
Code:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

I'm not sure if it will actually help, since you say it sometimes turns off during playback, but it might be worth a shot.

Fantastic. Thank you. New to all this so I have little to no idea what's going on.
This forum has been a great help so far.

This may seem like a noob question but how do I control Kodi on my TV.

I know I need a app on my phone but because i've never connected to it befere, the remote control settings seem to be disabled.

Is there a config file I can access to turn on the remote control settings to I can connect with the remote app.

Or, if there enabled by default, what port would it be?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we have a native Raspbian KODI build2