Can we have a native Raspbian KODI build
I think it's just because we haven't had anyone who's wanted to volunteer and maintain it, which is probably because they feel it's an area well covered by other distros, and specific distros were best for the Pi1. With the Pi2, it's not as vital to be so "bare metal" (I'm not sure if I'm using that term correctly?), so hopefully someone is interested now.

The average user would still likely want to use one of the dedicated distros, but there's certainly some interesting situations where someone would rather use Raspbian (either in full from the Pi Foundation, or a light weight version of it) for a Kodi-related project/set up. Of course, people can compile Kodi, but even on a more powerful Pi2, I imagine that still takes a lot longer than it would to download :)

If someone is interested, either on Team Kodi or outside the group, and the builds meet our groups expectations (using internal ffmpeg library, for example), then I think the group would think about making it "official" or whatever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we have a native Raspbian KODI build - by Ned Scott - 2015-02-10, 02:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we have a native Raspbian KODI build2