General update repo question
Sorry if this has been answered but couldn't find it anywhere and being new to Kodi, cannot quite figure out if the following is an automated or manual process.

Like everyone else, have many different repo's installed. Within those repo's, many different (video) addons.

Question is, how do the addons get updated ? If an author updates his addon, does this automatically update the repo when next turned on and then the addon ?

Basically, is there something that checks if a repo has been updated or not ? I ask because as an example, there is a video addon I use which is in the xunitytalk repo. Every now and again, I will see a message on twitter which says "make sure you have updated to version x" so I'm wondering, if it is indeed a manual process, can it be automated or am I missing something ? Just need to understand how it works.

Thanks.

openelec, latest kodi helix
If you've added an add-on via an add-on repo that is updated, then Kodi will check that repo once or twice a day (I can't remember the default at the moment) and update it, unless you've specifically turned automatic updates off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General update repo question1