Kodi Scraping tv shows issues
Since updating to OpenElec 5 (kodi helix release) I have all of a sudden started having serious scraping issues when updating my tv-shows library. The only scraper I have added is the universal movie scraper and I use TVDB for all my tv show scraping on a local external drive.

Strangely movies is working perfectly.

Every time Kodi updates I have to wipe my libraries and do a soft reset and start from scratch, then it just finds everything just like it did using Gotham.

every time when I come to add tvshows (after a Kodi update) to USB-Drive\tvshows\series name\season x\s01e02.mkv.... etc etc it completely ignores the addition of new episodes when I add them to the folder with the same naming conventions. It just seems to skip looking completely or alternatively finds the added episode then doubles up with the existing ones.

I am considering going back to Gotham because scraping generally is such a time consuming exercise and in Gotham it just worked. (regardless of updating).
Try the latest Kodi 15 test build, it includes extra patches for TV Show (re-)scraping that are yet to appear in Kodi 14.x.

Or upload a debug log, although chances are this isn't R-Pi specific so you should probably have posted this in the General section, or perhaps in one of the other threads discussing similar issues on other platforms, eg. here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-12, 11:52)Milhouse Wrote: Try the latest Kodi 15 test build, it includes extra patches for TV Show (re-)scraping that are yet to appear in Kodi 14.x.

Or upload a debug log, although chances are this isn't R-Pi specific so you should probably have posted this in the General section, or perhaps in one of the other threads discussing similar issues on other platforms, eg. here.

Thanks for that Millhouse, I'll give the test build a go and report back. Smile
Sadly it remained the same with the beta build. I rolled back to Openelec 4.2.1 and the problem disapeared completely. Seems to be working correctly again now.
OK, in that case you need to post in the General section so that more people see it, as this isn't likely to be Pi specific. Don't forget your debug log (wiki) etc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Big BIG hint, if you can Scrape externally with a PC using something like MediaElch which is both fast and easy to use.
Store all video media in their own separate folders which includes associated Metadata.

Scanning a large Library into the RPi will then be bloody quick if you do it this way !

(2015-02-13, 03:27)wrxtasy Wrote: Big BIG hint, if you can Scrape externally with a PC using something like MediaElch which is both fast and easy to use.
Store all video media in their own separate folders which includes associated Metadata.

Scanning a large Library into the RPi will then be bloody quick if you do it this way !

Sounds interesting. I assume I can just plug my external drive into my pc and run MediaElch and it will do what you say?

If that is the case, do I just need to remove my libraries for movies and tv shows then put them back in to Kodi for it to scrape locally from the external drive?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Scraping tv shows issues0