• 32(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
Will Kodi SOFTWARE will run in surface pro2
Yours
TSR
Hi, I wanna test Stereo 3D on Windows 10 using my Nvidia GTX980.

I tried but whenever I start a 3D movie it automatically disables the 3D.

I checked what driver model I have. It says: WDDM 2.0

Do I specifically need 1.2? Or what can be the problem?
I would like to try this but nvidia says that 3dplay is currently not available. Will I be unable to view my 3d movies without that?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-08-02, 11:27)3000 Wrote: Hi, I wanna test Stereo 3D on Windows 10 using my Nvidia GTX980.

I tried but whenever I start a 3D movie it automatically disables the 3D.

I checked what driver model I have. It says: WDDM 2.0

Do I specifically need 1.2? Or what can be the problem?

Were you able to download 3dplay? I understand we need that to view 3d content but it says it's unavailable when I go to download it.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Windows - 24fps playback problem Helix RC1. This issue is still current for me, Kodi DirectX 11 upgrade and Windows 8, W10 does not help. 24.0fps and Kodi always changes the frame rate to 23.98 so it skips frames in every minutes.
(2015-07-29, 08:17)fritsch Wrote: If that's your main loung machine. Don't update AMD drivers ... you better get a sandbox for those.

@fritsch - just going back to this - do you mean there's an issue with e.g. Catalyst 15.7 and AMD 6530D etc, or is this more general advice? It did pretty horribly break things for me, with black screen on playback with both regular and DX11 Kodi...so it wasn't a good sign!!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@fritsch - never mind, found the info via: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233854 - looks like 15.7 is thoroughly broken...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2015-08-02, 17:35)patseguin Wrote: [Were you able to download 3dplay? I understand we need that to view 3d content but it says it's unavailable when I go to download it.

I thought I was but it was only the activation tool itself, not the 3D Play - I think.

Thank you. That must be it then. Hopefully it will be available to download soon.
Here you go http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-14day-trial.html
ok interesting, that was exactly what I downloaded and installed. In Kodi then under "Video Output" I enabled "Stereoscopic 3D mode / Current" to "Hardware based". Then I'm in 3D mode. So far so good. But as soon as I hit play it automatically disables 3D mode and plays the movie in regular 2D. I tried this with multiple 3D Blu-Rays. No luck.

What am I missing?
You are missing what Kodi can't decode 3D blu-rays as 3D content. It is a limitation of ffmpeg which used by Kodi to decode everything.
so what do I do? extract Content of iso?
You need a 3D format that Kodi/ffmpeg can read. Like an MKV with left and right picture side by side. I believe you can do this with makeMKV.
really? that's it? No 3D Blu-Rays with Kodi? I would never convert any of my movies. I want them to be played untouched.
Then you should consider a 3d blue ray player for now i think,.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6