WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
First, thanks for this incredible software.

I have a Intel PC connected to a TV. Which means " Intel driver settings are set to full range?.

I have an option in "Video" that says "Input range" with three options in the control panel options intel: Limited, Full or application settings.

To have a correct levels of brightness, I have to download "madVR" and with "Madlevelstweaker" program i change the level to full range (pc leves 0-255)

Then to have BTB and WTW, I have to choose "full range" in the option panel intel

And in Kodi I choose the option "limited range" with DXVA2 enabled

Televison on limited range.

Also works for me (no BTB and WTW) : Television in full range, i choice full range in madlevelstweaker and in configuration panel control (video) "application settings". Then in Kodi full range.

What is the best method on the TV with a choice of two ranges?

(2015-09-09, 09:02)MadScientist Wrote: Just to summarise the black level situation with Windows Intel builds (HD4600 graphics in my case).

In all cases below:
- Intel driver settings are set to full range
- display setting to limited range.

Black levels are compared (using a calibration disk) to the output of an Oppo93 BR player which has been professionally calibrated.

DX9 Builds

Kodi set to limited range, DXVA2 enabled – video black\white levels correct

DX11 builds

Kodi set to limited range, DXVA2 enabled – video black\white levels too bright, menu darker

Kodi set to limited range, DXVA2 disabled – video black\white levels correct, menus OK

Kodi set to full range, DXVA2 enabled – video black\white levels correct, menus OK (slightly darker)

The above is also the same of Kodi16 alpha2

Messages In This Thread
New build 14/02/2015 - by afedchin - 2015-02-14, 15:16
RE: Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread - by chukygandia - 2015-09-10, 13:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6