WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
(2016-01-26, 15:45)liquidskin76 Wrote: Hi afedchin,

I've just double checked everything... windows desktop resolution set to '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)'. Kodi preferred 3D mode set to hardware based.

I can switch the Kodi setting 'stereoscopic 3D mode / current' to hardware based, and the TV switches to 3D correctly.

However when starting 3840x1080 full sbs file, as per Fritsch's change, the TV switches to 4K 3840x2160.

Then using Kodi OSD, the only 3D options showing are sbs and tab, and auto. As the TV has switched to 3840x2160 resolution (as per Fritsch's change), I'm not sure hardware based would be an available option anyway, as the required setting '1920 x 1080 (recommended 3D)' for hardware based 3D is no longer active or set.

Here's a fresh debug log showing all the above... http://pastebin.com/nbzMYFWi ...hopefully you'll see the manual switch of 'stereoscopic 3D mode / current' Kodi setting to hardware based in there.

Many thanks
In your latest log I saw what you switch to hw stereo in settings. But you doesn't switch to hw stereo when playback is started.

Let's me explain.
1. First of all your movie should be detected as 3D stereo movie. If the movie is detected as stereo 3D correctly then you should see the 3D button with menu to select stereo mode to output (see screenshot #1).
2. If the buttons doesn't exist. Got to OSD video settings and select right stereo type of movie tab/sbs/auto. SBS is your choise (see screenshot #2).Please don't to be confused with the type of stereo movie and the stereo output mode.
3. To switch to any 3D mode you can select preferable stereo mode in the Kodi's settings or select the mode manually in OSD then playback starts.
4. Hardware based mode presents in selection dialog only if your system is Win8 or later and if the 'Enable Stereo 3D settings for all supported displays' is checked at Screen Resolution control panel in windows and if the movie is detected as stereo movie (see screenshots #3 and #4)

watch gallery

So. Please start playback then ckeck what your movie is detected as stereo correctly then select Hardwarebased mode. And let's see what happens.

Messages In This Thread
New build 14/02/2015 - by afedchin - 2015-02-14, 15:16
RE: Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread - by afedchin - 2016-01-27, 12:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6