HDMI CEC buttons in menu
Hi,

I have an LG 42LG7000 TV and I'm using its remote over HDMI CEC as my remote control. It works great, the only problem I have is that only the basic keys are passed to my Pi ( I'm running a Pi2 with Openelec ).

Ideally, I'd like to remap the stop button so in the menu's it acts as a back button, while still functioning as a stop button when videos are playing.

Is that possible? If not, does anybody have any ideas that I haven't thought of? I'm trying to avoid buying a new remote, because cheap ones are rubbish and expensive ones are expensive.
(2015-02-13, 16:10)mrobinson Wrote: Hi,

I have an LG 42LG7000 TV and I'm using its remote over HDMI CEC as my remote control. It works great, the only problem I have is that only the basic keys are passed to my Pi ( I'm running a Pi2 with Openelec ).

Ideally, I'd like to remap the stop button so in the menu's it acts as a back button, while still functioning as a stop button when videos are playing.

Is that possible? If not, does anybody have any ideas that I haven't thought of? I'm trying to avoid buying a new remote, because cheap ones are rubbish and expensive ones are expensive.

There's a keymap editor add-on in the program add-ons section of the repository which may well help you with what you're trying to do (although be warned on the first run it will remove any key mappings you may already have set up).

It's fairly easy to use, and allows that kind of re-mapping more easily than changing the xml files directly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks, that sounds perfect. I'll have a look.
You cannot change the keymap for CEC iirc. I may be wrong though
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-13, 19:27)Martijn Wrote: You cannot change the keymap for CEC iirc. I may be wrong though

I've had to tweak mine from my LG as by default using the TV remote doesn't have a context menu key. To add one I used the add-on I linked to (after initially having done it manually), in my case on the "fast forward" key in the menu level.

It is true though that the number of remote keys that do send CEC codes to the Pi is quite limited, at least on my TV.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-02-13, 19:27)Martijn Wrote: You cannot change the keymap for CEC iirc. I may be wrong though

You can. CEC just uses remote.xml using the <remote> tag.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC buttons in menu0