Kodi MAC OSX Crashing with IPTV Simple PVR
HI

I've installed the IPTV Simple PVR add-on on to my Mac OSX Yosemite machine using a local (SMB) stored M3U playlist. I am also using another PVR add-on for my OTA Freeview channels called DVBLink.

Kodi keeps crashing and bombing out shortly after the channels have loaded. DVBLink PVR worked OK previously and this has only started happening when trying to also use the IPTV Simple PVR add-on as well.

I don't have this problem on my Windows 7 PC or on the OpenElec (Linux) HTPC both running Kodi Helix and both the PVR add-ons together work fine.

Debug log file from the Mac

http://pastebin.com/RbassxbY

Many thanks
On the Mac if I disable the DVBLink PVR add-on then the channels in the IPTV Simple Client PVR add-on load OK and I can play them.

I have the same version number of the DVBLink PVR add-on installed on the MAC and the OpenElec machine, so not sure why there seems to be an issue running both only on the MAC?

I set the IPTV PVR channels to start at 1000 so they don't conflict with the DVBLink OTA freeview channels. On the OpenElec machine the last OTA Freeview TV channel number is 71 and then the IPTV Simple Client PVR channels are displayed as 72 onwards etc.

I also tried resetting the PVR database in the Kodi Live TV settings area.
I've just tried copying the m3u playlist file from the SMB share on my Windows File Server to a local location on the MAC OSX machine, in to the local Kodi userdata folder and then reconfiguring the IPTV Simple Client PVR add-on to get the playlist from this local location instead.
However its doing the same thing and crashes out Kodi when the DVBLink PVR add-on is also enabled. So I think I can rule out issues with the MAC machine having issues accessing the playlist file and that causing it to crash.
I have the same issue on my Mac book today. Could you please tell me how to resolve the issue. Kodi crashes right after it starts up so I can't modify any setting on it.
Temporarily remove the IPTV Simple PVR add-on folder and then Kodi will open properly again, that's what I had to do. I disabled the add-on in the settings and then moved the add-on folder back to its original location I think.

Which other PVR add-on are you using along with the IPTV Simple PVR one?
I have Kodi on my Mac Mini Yosemite and I installed more tan 500 channels on IPTV Simple PVR add-on without any problem...
(2015-03-11, 17:08)safiri25 Wrote: I have Kodi on my Mac Mini Yosemite and I installed more tan 500 channels on IPTV Simple PVR add-on without any problem...

Yes it works OK on its own, but are you also using another Kodi PVR add-on as well? Seems it does not work when you have two PVR add-ons enabled.
You're Wright... I don't use others IPTV PVRs, but only IPTV Simple PVR Add-on
(2015-02-25, 22:44)cw-kid Wrote: Temporarily remove the IPTV Simple PVR add-on folder and then Kodi will open properly again, that's what I had to do. I disabled the add-on in the settings and then moved the add-on folder back to its original location I think.

How do you temporarily remove the add-on folder. I can't make any setting changes in Kodi as it crashes as soon as I bring it up.
hi all, can someone help me? I was having problems with the IPTV Simple PVR addon and I have tried to disable and reenable without success. So I decided to uninstall.

Problem is that now I can't find it anywhere to install it again. I'm on a Mac using Kodi 14.1.

Thanks for any help.
(2015-03-21, 08:55)petebitt Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 22:44)cw-kid Wrote: Temporarily remove the IPTV Simple PVR add-on folder and then Kodi will open properly again, that's what I had to do. I disabled the add-on in the settings and then moved the add-on folder back to its original location I think.

How do you temporarily remove the add-on folder. I can't make any setting changes in Kodi as it crashes as soon as I bring it up.

In the Mac finder, find the Kodi add-ons folder and move the pvr add-on folder to your desktop. Kodi should open then and not crash, go to kodi settings and disable the offending pvr add-on and then move the folder back to its original location.

KODI add-ons can be found here:

/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons
Guys... Where I can download IPTV Simple PVR client for mac?
I'm just getting windows files...
(2015-04-30, 18:21)wagnerm Wrote: Guys... Where I can download IPTV Simple PVR client for mac?
I'm just getting windows files...

From the Kodi repository? That's how I installed it on my MAC.

Settings - Add-ons - Disabled Add-ons

Should be listed in there.
using isengard kodi, don't see "disabled addons"....?
Latest builds and beta 1 seems to be missing PVR add-ons for Mac OS X. I will let Memphiz know about this and see what can be done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi MAC OSX Crashing with IPTV Simple PVR0