MySQL Database on Synology?
Hello,

one short question -

i have running a xbmc installation with an mysql-db on a synology-nas

Where can i find the databases for video and music?
And how can i see the databased with putty? (would like to check how large the database is and what the last modified date ist)
ssh in to your synology.

run mysql as the user and password you set up when following the wiki instructions.

The database is called MyVideosxx where xx depends on kodi version number.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You can also install phpMyAdmin from the Package Center on the Synology, then you will be able to view/maintain the database via the browser, and check size, overhead etc and drop old databases.
@nickr
i can ssh into the synology with putty

what do you mean with:
run mysql as the user and password you set up when following the wiki instructions.

my problem is also that it is so long ago that i can´t remember what i have done in the long time ago

@jznine
i also have phpMyAdmin on my Syno
tried to start but he asks me for an user and pw
but this is not the regulary syno-pw and also not the user / pw combination which i have in my as.xml

my as.xml looks like this:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.13</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>elternvideo</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.13</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>elternmusic</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
mysql -h 192.168.0.13 -u xbmc -p
show databases
connect elternvideoXX

Now run your SQL commands.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
when i try the first line on the Diskstation> prompt i get:
-sh: mysql: not found
Bugger, so it has the server, but not the client. Oh well, run from a computer that does have mysql client on it. Simple on a Linux machine.
i have found on the synology in the following path:
@database\mysql

the databases:
elternvideo75
elternvideo78

why are these 2 different numbern in the database?
Because different versions of xbmc/kodi use different db versions. When you run a new version of xbmc/kodi it updates the db and leaves the old behind. The wiki lists what version goes with which database.
(2015-02-27, 18:34)Rapid1898 Wrote: @jznine
i also have phpMyAdmin on my Syno
tried to start but he asks me for an user and pw
but this is not the regulary syno-pw and also not the user / pw combination which i have in my as.xml

Try with the username 'root' in phpmyadmin; default password should be empty, otherwise if you run the mariadb/mysql app in diskstation, it allows you to reset the master password.
Yes this works well - many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database on Synology?0