• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
Hi Gade, I see that you'll be supporting CinemaVision in Rapier. When will the new version be released?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-09-06, 15:29)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Hi Gade, I see that you'll be supporting CinemaVision in Rapier. When will the new version be released?

Hi MidnightWatcher.

You bet.

If you manually install my development repository, I'll push the update later today.

It will also be included in the next official update.

Cheers
Gade

EDIT: I just pushed an update to my repo, which should be available very soon Smile
I was thinking of moving the button "Scroll Plot / Description", currently placed in the view options dialog of each view inside the libraries, to the skin settings.

Now the buttons applies to each view type and can be changed individually, but moving the setting to the skin settings will make it global.

Any thoughts?
this looks like an amazing piece of work. Cant wait to set it up. Do merely load it up from the SKINS tab in kodi? or.....
(2015-09-06, 18:04)Gade Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 15:29)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Hi Gade, I see that you'll be supporting CinemaVision in Rapier. When will the new version be released?

Hi MidnightWatcher.

You bet.

If you manually install my development repository, I'll push the update later today.

Cheers
Gade

EDIT: I just pushed an update to my repo, which should be available very soon Smile
Thanks Gade!
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-09-07, 22:15)wardio666 Wrote: this looks like an amazing piece of work. Cant wait to set it up. Do merely load it up from the SKINS tab in kodi? or.....

Hi wardio666.

Thanks for the nice words Smile

You can install it from the skin section within Kodi using the Kodi Add-on Repository - or you can manually install my repository to receive development updates.

Cheers
Gade
very awesome....plus 1'd u....where do i get your repo?
oops sorry...got it from page one......gonna install now!!!!!
Haha, thanks Smile

Let me know if you have any questions.
(2015-09-07, 12:25)Gade Wrote: I was thinking of moving the button "Scroll Plot / Description", currently placed in the view options dialog of each view inside the libraries, to the skin settings.

Now the buttons applies to each view type and can be changed individually, but moving the setting to the skin settings will make it global.

Any thoughts?

Preface this with... I'm not what one would call a poweruser. I have 2 views setup that I like, and I pretty much leave it like that.

But I would imagine a global setting is better. I think users are generally going to be in one group or the other, as in, I want the text to scroll, or I don't want anything moving. The number of very particular users who says, "Well, scrolling is better in this view, but no scrolling is better for this other view" has got to be pretty few and far between.

(2015-09-06, 11:06)Gade Wrote: That version of nextup notification reminded too much of the regular fullscreen information dialog, and I was concerned that it would confuse users. So I removed some info to make it smaller and stand out as a seperate dialog, and I think I might make it even smaller than it currently is.

Sorry Smile

Also, happy to see the smaller dialog. Not to be belabor the point, but just providing some reinforcement for the change: not sure if there are any Mr. Robot fans out there, but the large notification is also an issue if you have a post-credits scene.
(2015-09-06, 18:04)Gade Wrote:

Hi MidnightWatcher.

You bet.

Cheers
Gade

Hey Gade, CinemaVision is working great with your latest update. Kudos for adding support so quickly. Do you know of any way by chance to delay/suppress the "busy please wait" and/or progress bar that pops up from time to time for a spit second as a new video is about to play?
(2015-09-08, 00:07)andytseng Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 12:25)Gade Wrote: I was thinking of moving the button "Scroll Plot / Description", currently placed in the view options dialog of each view inside the libraries, to the skin settings.

Any thoughts?

Preface this with... I'm not what one would call a poweruser. I have 2 views setup that I like, and I pretty much leave it like that.

But I would imagine a global setting is better. I think users are generally going to be in one group or the other, as in, I want the text to scroll, or I don't want anything moving. The number of very particular users who says, "Well, scrolling is better in this view, but no scrolling is better for this other view" has got to be pretty few and far between.

I think you're spot on.

I'm in the process of looking through the skin settings and view options, and welcome any improvements to simplify them and make the user experience easier.

(2015-09-08, 00:07)andytseng Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 11:06)Gade Wrote: That version of nextup notification reminded too much of the regular fullscreen information dialog, and I was concerned that it would confuse users. So I removed some info to make it smaller and stand out as a seperate dialog, and I think I might make it even smaller than it currently is.

Sorry Smile

Also, happy to see the smaller dialog. Not to be belabor the point, but just providing some reinforcement for the change: not sure if there are any Mr. Robot fans out there, but the large notification is also an issue if you have a post-credits scene.

I agree. Actually the size was annoying to me too, so something will definately happen soon Smile

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

(2015-09-08, 00:20)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Hey Gade, CinemaVision is working great with your latest update. Kudos for adding support so quickly. Do you know of any way by chance to delay/suppress the "busy please wait" and/or progress bar that pops up from time to time for a spit second as a new video is about to play?

Hi MidnightWatcher.

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you try the add-on in some of the other supported skins to see if the dialog also appears in them?

I don't think there's much I can do about it. Did you try it with different machines to see if there's a difference? It might be a performance issue?

I don't use the add-on myself, but implemented all necessary support.
Firstly, thank you for developing the most wonderful skin in the Kodi universe! It's simply a thing of beauty and your help to the end user is remarkable.

Secondly, an interface issue/behavior I've noticed. When I'm in skin settings and in a menu item that has multiple pages when the scrollbar is used to advance to the desired setting page, for example - Home - and I left arrow to go back to the main page from the scrollbar I expect to go to the top item listed on the page I'm viewing instead I'm taken back to the very first item in that settings panel. This behavior makes the use of the scrollbar sort of pointless.

I keep checking out this behavior on each new release and it is still occurring on your latest of 8.3.2. The scrollbar-return-to-main-menu works as expected everywhere else - it takes you to the first item in the page being viewed. This only happens in skin settings.

Thirdly, thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication, Gade.
(2015-09-08, 14:31)Ratskin Wrote: Firstly, thank you for developing the most wonderful skin in the Kodi universe! It's simply a thing of beauty and your help to the end user is remarkable.

Secondly, an interface issue/behavior I've noticed. When I'm in skin settings and in a menu item that has multiple pages when the scrollbar is used to advance to the desired setting page, for example - Home - and I left arrow to go back to the main page from the scrollbar I expect to go to the top item listed on the page I'm viewing instead I'm taken back to the very first item in that settings panel. This behavior makes the use of the scrollbar sort of pointless.

I keep checking out this behavior on each new release and it is still occurring on your latest of 8.3.2. The scrollbar-return-to-main-menu works as expected everywhere else - it takes you to the first item in the page being viewed. This only happens in skin settings.

Thirdly, thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication, Gade.

Hi Ratskin.

Thanks so much for all the kind words - it really means a lot Smile

Great description. It's a known issue for a while now. I will look into it at some point, but it's not a high priority.

The scrollbar is mainly added for mouse and touch users.

Cheers
Gade
Hey Gade. I've been away from Kodi for a few months now and am just now catching up with all the updates. So forgive me if I missed this in the change logs or thread discussions.

Just wondering if some sort of "extras" indicator for the tv show main page is on the "to do" list. By that, I mean some way to tell from the main menu that the "Browse Extras" menu is available for that show in the context menu. Or is that not even possible with the VideoExtras?

Think something like this might be doable?

extras screenshot

Loving all the new extended info options. And the YouTube search if fun to play with after watching a movie.

(Oh, and thank you thank you for adding the option for themes. (Or was it always there and I just never noticed it?) I was always having to quit Kodi after each Rapier update to unpack the textures file, copy over a few modified files, repack it, and copy it back. Today I noticed the color themes and had the idea to create a theme with just the few modified files. It worked perfectly. Now I shouldn't have to quite Kodi after each Rapier update. (It is just a few small changes like making the bottom bar more transparent so I can see more of my fan. Stuff like that. Nothing major.))
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2