• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
(2015-10-18, 02:04)rossdret Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 08:38)Gade Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 00:58)rossdret Wrote: Awesome skin guys! I was a long time Aeon Nox user but find this skin exactly what I was looking for. Is there any chance that support for ROM Collection Browser is in Rapier's future?

Thank you for all your hard work!

Hi rossdret.

Thanks so much for all the kind words - it really means a lot Smile

ROM Collection Browser is not something I can use myself, and since it (according to this page) requires 8 script windows, it's not likely to happen anytime soon Smile

Sorry.

But if someone's willing to skin the windows for Rapier, I'll be more than happy to review them and include then with the skin.

Cheers
Gade
Where could I learn to do that? If it is just time consuming but easy is like to help! I just got involved with rom collection browser and it is awesome!

Skinning is extremely time consuming, but also a lot of fun Smile

You can start by opening up the Rapier xml files to see how the layout and windows are built - and see if it makes sense to you.

A lot of information can be found here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_Skinning_Manual
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=159476
http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning
http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12

Maybe look at how the other add-on windows (xml files starting with "script-") supported by Rapier are built compared to the default windows provided by the add-ons.
(2015-10-17, 22:22)Gade Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 23:55)Dunn1234 Wrote: @Gade

Can you look into the music section on home screen please. When I install music addons I cant access them to play music. I hit the music home screen button and it shows playlist and music addons. If I hit either of them nothing happens. If I use the music addon sub-menu I can list the music addons but cant enter any of them. I have to go to addon info then hit launch button to expand the music addon (any music addon does this). Once expanded I cannot run any of them. Seems as if the left click and enter key is messed up for this section. I have tried 8.3.5 and your master version on github and both do the same thing. I have made sure I have all included dependencies with each version of Rapier but no luck. I have tried on fresh install with only one musci addon enabled but still no luck. I did notice that all music addons are disabled and wont enable. I do not understand this issue. I have enabled music library as well with no difference. If you wish to do a remote session so I can show you, we can, if your ok with that. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Tested with Kodi 15.1 and 15.2 RC3 but music section is broken. Kodi default skins work perfect but would like to enjoy your skin if possible. Any thoughts?

I even tried disabling the music home screen category and creating a new one but the same still happens. Seems the preset for music category is not correct.

Hi Dunn1234.

This is the first time ever I hear of this.

I need more info than this to look into it. Which platform do you run?

Posting a debug log and screenshots will also be a great help.

The master branch on Github is for Kodi 16 Jarvis, so be very careful installing that one for Isengard. The music library nodes are changed between Kodi 15 and 16, so this might have messed with your system. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the skin presets or paths.

Which music add-ons are you trying to run and which version numbers do they have? If your add-ons are disabled, they will not show up in the music section.

You can try to delete the AddonsXX.db file inside ...\Kodi\userdata\Database\ and see if it helps. Remember to backup the file first.
I have done a fresh install again and install music addon 181FM which does work but when I install the rapier skin from repo which is 8.3.6 and installed all the dependencies I went to music section and hit music and it opens the library but when I hit music addons...it does nothing. I hit addons from submenu and it brings up 181FM and lists categories for 181FM but when I try to open a cat. it does nothing as well. I uninstalled your skin and kodi default skin works. I have tried fresh installs, different versions, etc with no success. I thank you for your time but I have decided to move on to another skin which I like as well. I wish you well in the future and maybe when 16.0 is released I will try your new skin then but for now I have spent more time on this then I like admit. Thanks again and look forward to you new version when 16 goes final.
A new update is available. This update contains bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 8.3.7 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

CHANGELOG
Code:
8.3.7 (24-October-15)
- Added partially watched overlay for music videos List Info 2 View.
- Fixed navigation bugs in movie information window menubar.
- Added rating label to album information window.
- Bugfixing of paused screen in fullscreen video window.
- Bugfixing of player control dialog.
- Alignment fixes of buttons for fullscreen music OSD.
- Added OpenELEC Settings button to home screen system submenu (only available on Raspberry Pi).
- Removed PseudoTV Live skin support.
- Bugfixing of home screen System submenus.
- Added support for alternative duration in all missing views.
- Bugfixing of global search breadcrumbs and added search label.
- Added In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies widget for home screen movies category (requires script.extendedinfo).
- Party Mode button is now only visible in the music and music video library.
- Bugfixing of budget label for ExtendedInfo movie information window.
- Bugfixing of poster image in fullscreen video information dialog.

Added In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies widget for home screen movies category (requires script.extendedinfo).

ENJOY!
hello gade

thank you for developing one of the wonderful skin in the Kodi! It's simpl and beautyful and your help to the end user is remarkable......

now i have a qustion. i would like to tweek my home schreen i run into a problem!! in: setting / skin /there is a option video category redirects to file/library!... would it be posibol te make this link to mij favourite's?? for movies en tv shows.?

i would like to make a direct link to gennis at this tab ?

gr floris
(2015-11-10, 22:03)F van manen Wrote: hello gade

thank you for developing one of the wonderful skin in the Kodi! It's simpl and beautyful and your help to the end user is remarkable......

now i have a qustion. i would like to tweek my home schreen i run into a problem!! in: setting / skin /there is a option video category redirects to file/library!... would it be posibol te make this link to mij favourite's?? for movies en tv shows.?

i would like to make a direct link to gennis at this tab ?

gr floris

Hi floris.

Thanks so much for all the kind words.

It's easy to achieve what you're trying. Just disable the current videos category and create a custom videos category linking to your favourites. You can add all the same submenus - or different ones. Do the same with any other category you wish to change.

It's also possible to change the submenus of the current categories in the skin settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need details.
Ok thanks
I have done this . But the problem now is that a can't select fanart for the backgrounds . Of I'm doing something wrong ?

Gr floris
(2015-11-11, 12:59)F van manen Wrote: Ok thanks
I have done this . But the problem now is that a can't select fanart for the backgrounds . Of I'm doing something wrong ?

Gr floris

Yeah sorry, fanart backgrounds are currently not available for custom categories.

Let me look if it's easy to implement.
I just pushed a development update to my repo.

This update requires script.skin.helper.service and should automatically install version 1.0.0 from the Kodi add-on repo.

For all new features in Rapier version 1.0.9 is needed. I recommend downloading this version directly from Github and installing manually from zip inside Kodi.

I appreciate any feedback.
Thanks wil look at it later tonight ....

Thanks for the fast respons. Wil let you know if it's working ??
hello gade

ok. I'm not familiar with developer files. Must I now download the developers skin.?
or ...

but it's great that you want to look at this
would it not be easier (category menu) shortcut (by referring to library or file) to change? so that we can choose a location?

only trying to help not to crack down.

but I think you understand what I'm trying to rejoin.

excucces for my bad english

gr floris
(2015-11-11, 22:58)F van manen Wrote: hello gade

ok. I'm not familiar with developer files. Must I now download the developers skin.?
or ...

The info in the post above about the development version is for everyone using that version from my own repo (and not directly aimed at you Smile).

You are welcome to try it out though. Read here how to do that.

(2015-11-11, 23:11)F van manen Wrote: would it not be easier (category menu) shortcut (by referring to library or file) to change? so that we can choose a location?

only trying to help not to crack down.

I'm not sure I'm following you. Can you explain in detail?

The hardcoded videos and music category either goes to the library or files view. If you wish to change this you have to edit the skin xml's yourself. Otherwise you have to create a custom category.
yes thats wat i ment .only like to have te fanart as background thats the only thing i mis.

but it feel this go's over my hed .wil take a look en try to learn.maybe try to edit the xml

thanks for the respons
The fanart backgrounds for custom categories are now on my very long to-do-list. So they will get done at some point when I have the time Smile

Cheers
Hi

Really enjoying your skin.

I just notice that the 'music' menu's 'library' and 'addons' options don't respond when you click on them, doesn't show your files or open the music addons.
The 'videos' menu work fine.

I also want to hide the top menu bar.
I set it to hide when idle in the skin settings but when I try to install an addon or configure an addon's settings the 'configure' and 'install' button is greyed out and I can't click it. Then I have to go into the skin's settings again and deselect hide top menu bar then the 'install' and configure' buttons get enabled again on the top menu bar when I try to install or configure an addon. Also the view modes on the top menu bar get disabled if hide top bar when idle is selected in the skin settings. I want the top menu bar kept hidden when I play a video and move my airmouse, only the bottom menu controls should show. But I want the top menu bar to work for installing addons and changing the view modes.

I'm using 8.3.7 Rapier on Android Lollipop, Kodi 15.2.
Is there a newer version I can use like Rapier 9.0.0?
Here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240100 it says it's for Kodi Jarvis but in the thread it mentions Kodi Isengard, which is it?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2