• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
Hi Gade,

As always, a great update. I like to try other skins but always seem to come back to Rapier after a day or so as ot has all the required info and views, together with ease of use I like.

I particularly like the new colours and would like to see a darker, maybe grey theme added to this?

Whilst on the new colour themes, I have noticed one little error - under tv shows, the text for 'returning series' doesn't fit in the box. This is for both the red and orange theme.

Also, I would like to request that the wording for 'TDB/ON THE BUBBLE' be changed to 'ON HIATUS' as 'ON THE BUBBLE' really doesn't have a meaning here in the UK and even Google has a rather ambiguous definition of the phrase?

Keep up the extremely impressive work Smile
(2015-07-15, 15:43)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi Gade,

As always, a great update. I like to try other skins but always seem to come back to Rapier after a day or so as ot has all the required info and views, together with ease of use I like.

I particularly like the new colours and would like to see a darker, maybe grey theme added to this?

Hi blondeshanks.

Thanks so much for all the kind words. I'm really happy you're pleased with the update and progress Smile

I tried to do a black & white theme a couple of times, but abandoned it each time. It turns out pretty boring and the colors suits Rapier.

I know PetitDroud did a B&W theme in one of his mods.

(2015-07-15, 15:43)blondeshanks Wrote: Whilst on the new colour themes, I have noticed one little error - under tv shows, the text for 'returning series' doesn't fit in the box. This is for both the red and orange theme.

Thanks - you're absolutely right. I will look into this as soon as possible.

EDIT: I located the error and it will be fixed in the next update.

(2015-07-15, 15:43)blondeshanks Wrote: Also, I would like to request that the wording for 'TDB/ON THE BUBBLE' be changed to 'ON HIATUS' as 'ON THE BUBBLE' really doesn't have a meaning here in the UK and even Google has a rather ambiguous definition of the phrase?

That's not up to me. The status labels are controlled by the add-on script.tv.show.next.aired.

Cheers
Gade
I updated 2 of my android players via Google play store to RC 2 KODI from 14.2 and overall pretty happy with the skin updates except that on both machines, but when I use search in genesis for example the on screen keyboard just locks up. When I change back to default confluence keyboard is working fine. Is this a bug?

Thanks and great job on this skin - love it!
Hi Gade,

I will ask in the correct forum regarding the 'TDB / ON THE BUBBLE' wording.

Thanks
(2015-07-16, 02:33)lockdawg Wrote: I updated 2 of my android players via Google play store to RC 2 KODI from 14.2 and overall pretty happy with the skin updates except that on both machines, but when I use search in genesis for example the on screen keyboard just locks up. When I change back to default confluence keyboard is working fine. Is this a bug?

Thanks and great job on this skin - love it!

Hi lockdawg and welcome to the forums.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

Which version of Rapier do you use?

Do the keyboard work in the rest of Kodi and with other add-ons (try global search, youtube etc)?

Do you use the add-on Extended Info?

EDIT: I have taken a look at the keyboard dialog, and the issues should be fixed for the next update.
Hi Gade,

Thank you for the quick reply. The search worked fine in YouTube, then when I went back into Genesis I noticed that right behind the search was a pop up box saying to install the script. I had to click the buttons behind the search box but I was able to install it and now it works fine.

Thank you again for your help!
(2015-07-16, 15:09)lockdawg Wrote: Hi Gade,

Thank you for the quick reply. The search worked fine in YouTube, then when I went back into Genesis I noticed that right behind the search was a pop up box saying to install the script. I had to click the buttons behind the search box but I was able to install it and now it works fine.

Thank you again for your help!

Hi lockdawg.

That was exactly one of the issues which I have just fixed Smile

Thanks a lot for reporting this.

Cheers
Gade

FYI: Genesis is not allowed or supported on these forums.
Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work Gade. I have been a long time Aeon Nox fanboy forever. Never thought I'd find a better skin, until now. Hands down the best skin for Kodi. Love the interface, design and options. Keep up the good work my friend!!
Hi JxPx.

Thanks so so much for the really kind words. I absolutely appreciate the positive feedback!

If you have any questions or feature requests, I'm here to help Smile

Cheers
Gade
A new update is already available. This update contains a lot of bugfixing (fixes issues from the last update) and some new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 8.2.4 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

CHANGELOG
Code:
8.2.4 (22-July-15)
- Removed star rating from music artists.
- Fixes and repositioning of OSD bookmarks dialog.
- Fixes for keyboard dialog auto completion.
- Center aligned subtitles dialog.
- Updated global search information windows to use ExtendedInfo.
- Added Extra Info button to menubar in global search information windows (requires script.extendedinfo).
- Bugfixing and update of movie sets visible conditions.
- Bugfixing of movie sets views and view options.
- Updated navigation for ExtendedInfo windows.
- Redesign of sort letter notification.
- Bugfixing of paused in fullscreen video.
- Removal of zorder.
- Updated context menu button 2001.
- Fixed navigation bug in ExtendedInfo video information window.
- Fixed some media flag images in red and orange themes.
- Added skin setting in Home to use colored category images in the home screen (blue / orange / red - according to the selected theme).

Added skin setting in Home to use colored category images in the home screen (blue / orange / red - according to the selected theme).
Default Blue theme

Orange Theme

ENJOY!
Thumbs Up 
I'm running Isengard RC2 on Amazon Fire TV. So far so great! This skin is the best I've run on it. Nice work.

I did have one problem this morning with my category images. They simply disappeared. I'm not sure if it was due the update or whatever. But I just created a "kodi images" folder in the External Storage directory and all's good.

I'm wondering if the new audio nodes [wiki: audio nodes] can be deployed on Rapier. I don't see any mention of it on the wiki.

cheers
(2015-07-24, 09:05)TeflonDog Wrote: I'm running Isengard RC2 on Amazon Fire TV. So far so great! This skin is the best I've run on it. Nice work.

I did have one problem this morning with my category images. They simply disappeared. I'm not sure if it was due the update or whatever. But I just created a "kodi images" folder in the External Storage directory and all's good.

Hi TeflonDog.

Thanks so much for the kind words Smile

If you added the custom category images to the skin.rapier/extras folder yourself, they are deleted every time the skin updates (and I recommend keeping the skin updated at all times).

You can submit them in this thread and have me include them within the skin - that way they will never get deleted. Or you can keep them in a seperate location (like you did).

(2015-07-24, 09:05)TeflonDog Wrote: I'm wondering if the new audio nodes [wiki: audio nodes] can be deployed on Rapier. I don't see any mention of it on the wiki.

I actually don't use this feature and didn't know of it.

In which version of Kodi were it included?

Which kind of support are you looking for? I will be glad to add it.

Cheers
Gade
(2015-07-24, 12:32)Gade Wrote: I actually don't use this feature and didn't know of it.

Cheers
Gade

I'm running Isengard RC2, I'm not sure if the nodes feature was released for RC1 as well. I just learned about it yesterday. There is an Add-on for it as well which is working fine in Rapier. So I'm not sure what (or if anything) needs to be added.

I've only created one node so far. Not sure if I'll need to do much with them though as I've got my genres as categories in the main menu, with sub-genre playlists in the sub-menus. Seems to be two means to the same end.

cheers
(2015-07-24, 20:14)TeflonDog Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 12:32)Gade Wrote: I actually don't use this feature and didn't know of it.

Cheers
Gade

I'm running Isengard RC2, I'm not sure if the nodes feature was released for RC1 as well. I just learned about it yesterday. There is an Add-on for it as well which is working fine in Rapier. So I'm not sure what (or if anything) needs to be added.

I've only created one node so far. Not sure if I'll need to do much with them though as I've got my genres as categories in the main menu, with sub-genre playlists in the sub-menus. Seems to be two means to the same end.

cheers

That sounds great.

I think that audio nodes were added for Isengard.

Could you please check that everything is working as expected when using your custom nodes?

Thanks for testing it out Smile

Cheers
Gade
I can create the parent node and the nodes within it, but the custom icon for the node is not working. I'm testing this out with my jazz collection, so basically:

Jazz (Parent node) <-- custom icon does not show up in Library mode
Vocal (node)
Instrumental (node)

The nodes do show up though.

However, I've got vocal and instrumental tagged in the song comment tag... that's a different issue though. Wink

Also, another question: how can I edit the System sub-menu? I want a shortcut to the Library Node Editor add-on. It currently takes me a lot of navigating to get to it.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2