• 25(current)
Trakt.tv v3
I entered the pin first time, then next time Kodi showed wrong pin. Is this normal? every time you use Kodi, you have to go and get a new pin?
I have Trakt.tv v3.0.1 installed for a week now , but today I notice some issue.
Some of the TV show I have under my configured list are sync with the KODI , I saw that strm were created under the folder I created for Trakt.tv files.

I am not sure it is related to the add on or the KODI , but maybe someone has face the same issue and can assist me?

Thanks
(2015-05-15, 23:54)Razze Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 18:44)Helioy Wrote: For me the PIN has changed since the last time I entered it.

Yes, thats basically the concept and one reason why it's much safer
Erf, for me it is unusable: I have a HTPC with 2 Kodi profiles and a laptop, so I was using Trakt to synchronize the shows seen on these multiple Kodi installations. Now, every single time I start one of these Kodi sessions, I need to generate a new PIN in order to connect to Trakt Undecided Okay that's much safer than a login/password, but come on, I'm not accessing to my banking information there.
(2015-05-16, 17:48)Croups Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 18:44)Helioy Wrote: For me the PIN has changed since the last time I entered it.

I'm not accessing to my banking information there.
Agreed! .. I have the same issue.
Well you shouldn't need to. So it's not the time to blame the pin for that.
(2015-05-16, 21:10)Razze Wrote: Well you shouldn't need to. So it's not the time to blame the pin for that.

Could you please explain, then? Is the PIN supposed to change on a regular basis? From my observations, it seems to be valid for one single connection, then needs to be regenerated.

With the previous version, I would:
1. Enter my credentials, once and for all
2. Forget about the trakt addon, sync was automatic in the background

Now, every time I want to launch Kodi:
1. Open http://trakt.tv/pin/999
2. Write down the PIN
3. Start Kodi
4. Change the PIN
5. Launch the process, to be sure it is synchronized

Is it the expected behavior?
No, you should enter it and then you can forget about it. As long as you are using the same trakt account if you want to switch the trakt account on a kodi profile you would need to reenter the pin.
That's pretty much the only case when you should do that.
(2015-05-17, 11:34)Razze Wrote: No, you should enter it and then you can forget about it. As long as you are using the same trakt account if you want to switch the trakt account on a kodi profile you would need to reenter the pin.
That's pretty much the only case when you should do that.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Then, I will assume that there is an issue somewhere then...
(2015-05-16, 13:07)AviSub Wrote: I have Trakt.tv v3.0.1 installed for a week now , but today I notice some issue.
Some of the TV show I have under my configured list are sync with the KODI , I saw that strm were created under the folder I created for Trakt.tv files.

I am not sure it is related to the add on or the KODI , but maybe someone has face the same issue and can assist me?

Thanks

Anyone?
Hi, i have two kodi mediacenters and have had some pin problems from the start. Since I set up both of them with the same pin, I have had NO problems.

Just guessing , maybe som of you did like me and generated a new pin for the second kodi..?
(2015-05-17, 15:53)zebulon35 Wrote: Hi, i have two kodi mediacenters and have had some pin problems from the start. Since I set up both of them with the same pin, I have had NO problems.

Just guessing , maybe som of you did like me and generated a new pin for the second kodi..?

Well I just tried to force it to fail that way.
Using a rPi2 and my win8 laptop.
Both using different PINs for the same user.

Everything worked as expected for me and everything got scrobbled the way it is supposed to.
Not sure why you need to use the same pin.
It looks like the rating only works if scrobbling is enabled. I don't use the scrobbling - I want to do the 'mark as watched' thing manually. But I would like to after watching 85%. Could rating be made to not depend on scrobbling?
Yes, but you will wait a bit longer for the dialogue to open up when the movie is done
Well, out of nowhere, without changing a single thing, it just started working today...
RKO!
Image Image
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35