Need some strategy/opinion for software selection.
OK just reading further through your posts, mythbuntu will start mythbackend on every boot.

When you run mythtv-setup, it will ask if you want to stop mythbackend, you should do so and then start it again when you exit out of mythtv-setup.

Hope that is clear.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I stated in #14 only by NOT selecting to restart and going immediately to the terminal to get the log will I have no 127.0.0.1 in service errors. And then if I leave the terminal and instantly click back in it will give errors when I run the log again. Can it be a timing setting that cranks it up again such that I reading the log for 1 minute then leave and come right back in, it has cranked up already and produces the in use error?

I have tried every configuration possible and only these two will give no errors when not starting myth upon leaving config.

1) Network IP on all three locations, or 2) Network IP both backend locations and 127.0.0.1 frontend.

Now here is the odd thing, running network IP on all locations still gives 127.0.0.1 as the first line in Starting Housekeeper/New Client (#1) and the network IP as second line and no errors.

Appreciate very much you trying to figure this out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some strategy/opinion for software selection.0