v14 Problem importing music library
I have just installed Kodi 14.1 on the latest version of Raspbian using the instructions here:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...66&t=99866

I have been using the Raspbian version of XBMC on a separate Pi for a year or so, and am trying to copy my music library across to the new version. Exporting the library from XBMC creates what appears to be a perfectly valid XML file (according to xmllint). But when I try to import it into Kodi, it flashes through the motions (I see recognizables names and titles in the progress window), but the database (sqlite) does not get loaded. The pathname for the music files on the NAS is the same for both systems (though I don't see that the import attempts to access the files), and I can read and play from Music/Files, so it's not a permissions problem.

If I delete (or rather rename) MyMusic48.db and run the import again, the database gets re-created but is still 'empty', that is using sqlite3 commands 'select * from artist' etc. produces empty sets.

I have tried turning debug on, but the output log shows no errors.

Any ideas for further investigation? Is this maybe just a problem with the Raspbian version?
Can't help much but could you not copy and paste the music database from the original pi
Let it do all the importing and then when it's created it delete it and copy the other one?
Or if not open the database up and export it from there and import it into the other database you can get programs for that
The music library import will only work for sources that are already scanned in. If the artist name is not already in the db, info for that artist will be ignored when importing. So its basically only saving you from rescraping.

Copying the musicdb as suggested above is the better approach. Make sure your sources have been added as well, or copy sources.xml to the new unit.
(2015-03-20, 17:11)whitebelly Wrote: The music library import will only work for sources that are already scanned in. If the artist name is not already in the db, info for that artist will be ignored when importing. So its basically only saving you from rescraping.

Copying the musicdb as suggested above is the better approach. Make sure your sources have been added as well, or copy sources.xml to the new unit.

Ah. So it's not a lot of use really then. I didn't see that requirement anywhere, so thanks. I'll trying copying the artists using SQL and see what happens.

Unfortunately the database version, and therefore supposedly the structure, has changed, so I guess just copying it across would not work.
(2015-03-21, 15:10)tonyb.lx Wrote: Unfortunately the database version, and therefore supposedly the structure, has changed, so I guess just copying it across would not work.

Kodi will automatically update an older version DB to the newer one, just make sure it is the only MyMusicdb in the database folder, then restart Kodi.
That worked, many thanks. I copied MyMusic46.db to the new system, removed MyMusic48.db and started Kodi. The only problem I seem to have is a missing Playlist, but that will be fairly easy to re-create.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem importing music library0