Android Android TV - Freebox Mini 4K
Hi!

In France , an ISP called FREE released a new TV BOX which is called the Freebox Mini 4K . ( Link Here )

This box runs Android TV .

It has a Broadcom BCM7252 Brahma15 dual-core 1.5Ghz SOC .

Many users have installed Kodi but there have some problems .

A user posted a video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/bgm5djbGCLg

From 2min35 you can see movies on Kodi is jerky and laggy..
The hardware acceleration seems not working .

Can anyone assist in the French community? = D
I can add that I did the test with the 2 hardware decoding options ON, OFF, ON-OFF, OFF-ON and I did get the same result : choppy playback.
Also some of us have had success playing 1080p video outside Kodi using MX video player with hardware+ on.
Logs, please.
here you go : http://dl.free.fr/bZFRSRJS4
forget to say that my current test display is a PC monitor (BenQ BL3200PT) that has integrated speakers and is plugged to the Free Player Mini 4k via HDMI.
Hi,

Could be nice to be able to run Kodi on the freebox mini indeed.

If kodi manages to fully support the SoC, theoratically it could play 4k files, which would be awesome! Tongue.
Nothing obvious from the log.
@popcornmix Would you have some experience running Android with Broadcom?

As the box will probably have some success in France (it comes from a top telco provider), it might be worth investigating further.

Do you need to be a Free customer to use the box (beside the proprietary Free services, of course)?
Here my personal log : kodi.log - 305 KB

My Freebox Mini is connected to an Home cinema amplifier Yamaha RX- V367 and a Full HD Projector.

If you need any help, i'm here !

Sorry for my english, i'm French ^^
Wink 
same probleme
Koying, yes you have to be a free customer to use this box ... I'm a french user of this box and i have same choppy playback :-(
Maybe some changes in advancedsettings.xml can solve the problem ?
Did some already tried VLC on this box?
We use a similar form of h/w acceleration, while MX and the internal player uses another.
(2015-03-24, 16:46)Koying Wrote: Did some already tried VLC on this box?
We use a similar form of h/w acceleration, while MX and the internal player uses another.

Never tried it mysefl (and can't do it today), but reports say it works partially : it's buggy and doesn't support some major codecs (given some people have image but no sound and vice versa),but h/w acceleration doesn't seem to be a problem.

Anyone can confirm?
With VLC playback is good and smooth. But Kodi has a big advantage , it reads AC3 and DTS MKV with 5.1 sound. VLC works with only downmix to 2.0 as MX Player and native player
Yes I have tried vlc with kodi : some codecs are not supported. I have tried Mx and Archos palyer too, it's not possible to read some files on my synology NAS (samba link doesn't supported, even with smbwrapped ...).
Actually, only kodi can read all my files on my synology NAS, but lags are very strong Sad
I'm not suggesting to switch to VLC Wink

I'm just trying to pinpoint the issue...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV - Freebox Mini 4K2