Win Green Flashes During Live TV
Just installed Kodi with NextPVR using an HD Homerun Prime.

TV looks great when viewed thru the HD Homerun View app, but in Kodi the same channels snap back and forth between a good picture and a "greenout" where the entire screen goes green. It goes back and forth between picture and greenscreen rapidly.

Any suggestions for adjusting settings?

thx,
Ross
I have seen a similar problem when replaying some ripped library movies. On an initial HTPC build using Kodibuntu, it started immediately on playback of some titles, but not on others. On the current build using Windows on the same hardware, at least one of those problem titles started playback ok, but another ripped title (O Brother...) displayed the problem whenever there was a solid black background, eg. title cards, dark night scenes and credits.

I have not seen this behavior with Live TV, but have not played back a TV recording yet.

I'll post more observations as I am able to make them.
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
My users have complained of something similar with the wmc pvr. The solution was to turn off hardware acceleration for video playback in the kodi settings. Something to try anyway.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-04-01, 17:11)krustyreturns Wrote: My users have complained of something similar with the wmc pvr. The solution was to turn off hardware acceleration for video playback in the kodi settings. Something to try anyway.

Thank's, this worked perfectly for me.
Or.

Give this a go:
Use the OSD and turn off de interlacing from auto. If your hardware can run the video, let it do so. Don't suck up CPU time with software rendering depending on your gear.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
I tried the hardware acceleration, but didn't see how to turn off de-interlacing
Found the interlacing option, that worked for me!
Both disabling the hardware acceleration and the de-interlacing option did the trick.

In the end, I re-enabled hardware acceleration and left the de-interlacing off, since I figured the former would affect performance more than the latter.

Thanks for the info!
For some reason it won't let me edit my previous response.

Wanted to add that this solution worked for me using the HDHomeRun PVR, not NextPVR, so it's obviously a Live TV solution and not anything related to the PVR Addon itself.

Just thought I'd make that clear in case others are looking for this answer, and are dissuaded by the Next PVR reference.
I turned off deinterlace and the green flashes went away. Thanks!
I have one channel only I need to do this on. I've turned off hardware acceleration and then the green stops and that one channel is good. However, any other interlaced feed ends up terrible looking only deinterlacing partially. 

Is there any way to turn deinterlacing off for just one channel permanently? That way I can leave my hardware accel on (as that seemingly looks best on every other channel).
That's really not a NextPVR question but did you go into the setting and turn off deinterlacing while playing that specific channel?   Also note that the video settings do get cleared when the database is clear.

Martin
Yeah, not a PVR addon issue.
I have turned off deinterlacing when starting the channel, and that works. However, you have to do it every single time. So it is really annoying. Was hoping there was a way to specify that as the default for the channel.
It does get stored to the database like the zoom parameter, so you'd have to raise this as a Kodi issue.

Martin
I also have this problem with Live TV when using the Hyperion Addon.
When I disable deinterlacing, the green flashing stops but a lot of the Live TV content here looks terrible then...
What can I do or where do I need to report the issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green Flashes During Live TV0