Nvidia 349.12 HEVC - Anyone have it working?
Have libvdpau 1.0 and Nvidia 349.12 driver with a Geforce 960 but seems there is not HEVC Support:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/10681222/

Has anyone here got this working?
Update, you need Libvdpau 1.1 and a fresh vdpauinfo compile to get it working:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/10681244/

Don't seem to be getting acceleration though with any of my H265 test files (Although I'm unsure how to check which H265 profile the files need).
Without ffmpeg hwaccel and without adjusted VDPAU code it won't work.

Feel free to provide the bits needed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-26, 09:01)fritsch Wrote: Without ffmpeg hwaccel and without adjusted VDPAU code it won't work.

Feel free to provide the bits needed.

Hi Fritsch,

Thanks for the reply. Am using a 15.0 nightly build and thought that they had H265 decode support. Does 15.0 need additional code work to support Nvidia HEVC?
Yes - on the ffmpeg side _and_ on the kodi VDPAU side.

h265 is only decoded via software for now. DXVA on windows got support for it (ffmpeg and kodi wise).

For you both bits are missing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-26, 10:05)fritsch Wrote: Yes - on the ffmpeg side _and_ on the kodi VDPAU side.

h265 is only decoded via software for now. DXVA on windows got support for it (ffmpeg and kodi wise).

For you both bits are missing.

Thanks for confirming, will sit tight and hope that these addition make it to the 15.0 alphas.
Won't happen. We bump ffmpeg when it comes into a stable version, then we implement the missing bits in VDPAU.cpp
As said before: You can see and find out what is needed, check the already available ffmpeg impleentations, list patches (if available) and see what needs to be done in VDPAU.cpp (not that much from a first look).
(2015-03-26, 01:51)Krobar Wrote: Update, you need Libvdpau 1.1 and a fresh vdpauinfo compile to get it working:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/10681244/

Don't seem to be getting acceleration though with any of my H265 test files (Although I'm unsure how to check which H265 profile the files need).

hello krobar. which version of the os do you have? i've tried with lubuntu 15.10 with a zotac en970 (gtx 960) but i can't get it working...i've checked with windows 10 and dxva checker and all it's ok....
Post vdpauinfo - you need a v16 nightly.
(2015-12-31, 00:44)fritsch Wrote: Post vdpauinfo - you need a v16 nightly.

this is my output http://pastebin.com/yvtjUHf6
the very strange thing is that under windows 10, with dxva checker, i can see the HEVC_MAIN as supported. i thought that the libvdpau was connected to the nvidia driver, not to kodi build
Quote:HEVC_MAIN --- not supported ---

^^
(2015-12-31, 11:00)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:HEVC_MAIN --- not supported ---

^^

i've seen it...the strange thing is that the ZOTAC EN970 has a GTX 960 (not M) video card and under windows 10 the HEVC_MAIN is supported.
Tool old driver, too old libvdpau is most likely the reason.

Try a Milhouse build from USB stick and enjoy hevc main. Keep in mind: 8 bit only (!)
(2015-12-31, 11:04)fritsch Wrote: Tool old driver, too old libvdpau is most likely the reason.

Try a Milhouse build from USB stick and enjoy hevc main. Keep in mind: 8 bit only (!)

mmm....i've tried to use lubuntu 15.10 because i would like to have Uefi dual boot. can you explain to me where i can find this milhouse (not the simpson one Big Grin )?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia 349.12 HEVC - Anyone have it working?0