Nvidia 349.12 HEVC - Anyone have it working?
The first sticky post in that forum - latest build here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2197806

Download the img.gz gunzip it, dd it to an usb stick (all data will be lost). Boot from it, when the prompt appears, type: "live" without the "" and boot
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-12-31, 11:16)fritsch Wrote: The first sticky post in that forum - latest build here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2197806

Download the img.gz gunzip it, dd it to an usb stick (all data will be lost). Boot from it, when the prompt appears, type: "live" without the "" and boot

thank you so much. this will be a good test to understand where is the trouble. do you think that after that will be possible to fix my installation updating the packages to get the HEVC working?
If you are lucky, Ubuntu 16.04 alpha already has everything you need.

You only need to rebuild kodi then ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
mmm...interesting. so the problem today is that the base distro (ubuntu 15.10) is not compatible with my hardware. the only way is to use the milhouse that you suggest that should have all the stuffs ok, right?
No ... you can easily install a recent nvidia driver / libvdpau for your 15.10 and then rebuild kodi. It requires manual work - that's always the case if you want bleeding edge software. Without getting your hands dirty you won't get it to work :-)
understood. the problem is that with the latest driver from nvidia.com i can't get the HEVC_MAIN activated. and the libvdpau is already the latest version from the standard repo....
So - does it work with OE? 352.63 <- is the newest nvidia driver, btw.
(2015-12-31, 14:13)fritsch Wrote: So - does it work with OE? 352.63 <- is the newest nvidia driver, btw.

also with this driver i'm not able to get the HEVC_MAIN enabled....quick question...how can i write the milhouse image that you suggest to me to an usb drive from windows? win32diskimager accept only img files
Download the img.gz and gunzip it? (was that question sane again?)
sorry for stupid question....i'm not so skilled with linux and similar and i thought that the usb drive must be bootable...
(2016-01-02, 11:58)wizard84 Wrote: sorry for stupid question....i'm not so skilled with linux and similar and i thought that the usb drive must be bootable...

Download the img,gz, unzip it, use w32imager to write it to the stick.
(2016-01-02, 12:02)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 11:58)wizard84 Wrote: sorry for stupid question....i'm not so skilled with linux and similar and i thought that the usb drive must be bootable...

Download the img,gz, unzip it, use w32imager to write it to the stick.

ok, i'm stupid and i'm not able to do understand maybe...i've downlaoded the file "OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0-Milhouse-20151228174958-#1228-g6551bd1.tar" from your link, if i open it can find some dirs and files, one of the is called milhouse.build.1228.tar.....if i open it i can find a structure of files and folders, but no img files....
sorry for the time that you spent with me....i've found a response about my problem.....the video card is not a real GTX 960 but a GTX 970M rebranded by driver. the GTX 960 is a GM206 chipset, this one is GM204....excuse me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia 349.12 HEVC - Anyone have it working?0