is it possible to use 1 HDMI for "the picture and another for Sound?
Hi

Just want to give an heads up to the developers of XBMC and SAY WOW, it has come a long way, great software!!!!!. Keep it up ;-)
looking forward to the xbmc being a "front end" and better support for yatse and other remote apps, remote playing via touchpad and so on. your making xbmc a big playground for us ;-)

Here comes my problem and reason for my post ;-)

I have the luxury of having 2 hdmi ports on my xbmc box. It is installed with win 7 and xbmc on top of that. the cpu is an I5 with hdmi on the board and 1 radeon low profile card. the intel (I5 cpu) is having a good picture but can´t process "dts HD" or "dolby true HD master". It should but I can´t get it working. Have postet it before but gave up after using days on it. After buying a radeon that handles the dts hd and so on, worked right out of the box, but the picture is lagging at some times. Not big lag but at quick or big framerates is seems like it is little too slow and lacking and then up to speed can be seen for like 1-3 seconds. Annoying to look at

So here is my question is it possible to use 1 for the picture and 1 for the sound? and if you could wouldn´t there be a problem about the movie not being in sync with the sound?
Just wondering the other solution is to buy a better graphic card and buy a bigger case, which would be tiresome for the livingroom. Just wondering if it is possible or any of you have had luck with it?
If you have multiple audio options, then check out the audio settings (make sure you are in expert mode) and you should be able to choose the audio out you wish. Also, you can choose default sound out options within windows.
ugh, just thought though: If the 2nd hdmi cable is not plugged into the tv it can't obtain signal....not that would matter, because you would obviously be using signal from your other hdmi cable for video.
It should work. I have tried nVidia GT520 hdmi out for video and onboard amd hdmi for audio. I have also successfully tried the dvi out of nvidia card for video and hdmi out for audio. Also, the dvi out of the card supports audio including HD audio.
(2015-03-27, 04:27)baijuxavior Wrote: It should work. I have tried nVidia GT520 hdmi out for video and onboard amd hdmi for audio. I have also successfully tried the dvi out of nvidia card for video and hdmi out for audio. Also, the dvi out of the card supports audio including HD audio.

ahhhh, good to know!
I was having that lag issue you were describing with a blu-ray player. Fixed it by unplugging both ends of the HDMI cable and swapping ends, TV end is now player end, player end is now TV end
To MySpln33n my xbmc is connect to onkyo reciver (need my DTS HD ;-) which is connected to the tv. So i should try turning both ends? I also got an ps4 which plays without trouble so could be the cable between the xbmc and reciver " if this is possible. i will try putting an hdmi from the onboard up to the tv just to see if this will change anything ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is it possible to use 1 HDMI for "the picture and another for Sound?0