• 236(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Why does Amazon Prime Instant Video only work with Kodi v17? Is this due to the add-on creator only supporting this version of Kodi?
(2016-05-26, 00:32)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 23:24)vicmanpergar Wrote: Ok guys, a question.
Just installed and registered Sanear, and it's among my audio renderers in DSPlayer settings, so I just chose it.
But, when i'm playing a movie, pressing O to be sure is being used, in Audio Render I can only see "Directsound system default" (and there's a Sanear ICON in the system tray next to madVR one).
Is this normal?.

Click on the sanear icon on the Taskbar. Enable bitstreaming and WASAPI exclusive mode and select the audio device.

Ah, thanks Warner, now I see it!!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2016-05-25, 23:50)stoolzo Wrote: second time in a month kodi has crashed to a black screen on startup, rendered my pc completely useless forcing a reboot and then when back on kod settings set to zero. all user data is there, just doest load anything as if its opened a new profile.

Never did this before using KODI DS in the last 5+ years.
You should back up guisettings.xml.
That's where A LOT of settings are saved and that's the file I found out gets messed up when bad crashes happen.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-05-26, 00:33)Warner306 Wrote: Why does Amazon Prime Instant Video only work with Kodi v17? Is this due to the add-on creator only supporting this version of Kodi?
Wait what? Amazon prime video is working with kodi again? I know the plugin hasn't worked in two years since Amazon went the drm route.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
The user chros73 has posted here a new build for Sanear. It mainly adds a total bypass of system mixer, resampler, etc. activated by default when using WASAPI mainstreaming.

https://github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/issues/12
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
WASAPI mainstreaming = WASAPI without bitstreaming?

I would be interested in switching to Sanear mainly because Reclock isn't being developed anymore. But as I understand it, there's no PAL speed down in Sanear (yet?). Just wondering about drawbacks and benefits. I don't do bitstreaming as my outboard DAC only accepts PCM. I "demand" bit perfect playback in music listening but with movies I can accept "compromised" audio. That said I definitely prefer WASAPI over Direct Sound for everything.
you are aware that you need 100 % volume for bit perfect playback?
Are there any news regarding support of FTP sources?
Last time I checked DSPlayer was not able to play anything from those..
(2016-05-26, 13:54)huhn Wrote: you are aware that you need 100 % volume for bit perfect playback?

I have Foobar2000 at 100% (using WASAPI exclusive output) and control volume via the analog stereo receiver.

With DSplayer however I'm not as fussy and simply control volume with my smartphone's volume controls, mainly out of convenience.
Quote:Why does Amazon Prime Instant Video only work with Kodi v17? Is this due to the add-on creator only supporting this version of Kodi?
No. Kodi 17 has new special playback interface called "inputstream". The amazon addon needs that interface to work with. Kodi 16 is not compatible with this interface. So nothing the addon creator can do about. Other video streaming addons will need that interface too, e.g. Netflix will be implemented sooner or later.

Quote:Wait what? Amazon prime video is working with kodi again? I know the plugin hasn't worked in two years since Amazon went the drm route.
Yes it´s working at the moment and hopefully this will stay so. Kodi 17 is needed (still in alpha status right now), amazon addon by sandmann (instructions on the addon page as well).
(2016-05-26, 15:29)hannes69 Wrote:
Quote:Why does Amazon Prime Instant Video only work with Kodi v17? Is this due to the add-on creator only supporting this version of Kodi?
No. Kodi 17 has new special playback interface called "inputstream". The amazon addon needs that interface to work with. Kodi 16 is not compatible with this interface. So nothing the addon creator can do about. Other video streaming addons will need that interface too, e.g. Netflix will be implemented sooner or later.

Quote:Wait what? Amazon prime video is working with kodi again? I know the plugin hasn't worked in two years since Amazon went the drm route.
Yes it´s working at the moment and hopefully this will stay so. Kodi 17 is needed (still in alpha status right now), amazon addon by sandmann (instructions on the addon page as well).
Can you send me a link to where it is on the forum?

Sent from my Nexus 5X
http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Threa...ant-Video/
With the same Film 23.976 fps, I made a comparison Audio Renderer, Reclock and Sanear.
These are the results taken after 1 hour of play, I submit to your judgment union every evaluation.

Reclock :

Display = 23.97142 Hz
Clock Deviation = - 0.01934%
1 Frame every Repeat = 20.81 Hours
Dropped Frames = 0
Repeated Frames = 0
Delayed Frames = 0
Presentation Glitches = 0

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sanear :

Display = 23.97141 Hz
Clock Deviation = 0.00223%
1 Frame every Dropped = 3.23 Minutes
Dropped Frames = 18
Repeated Frames = 0
Delayed Frames = 0
Presentation Glitches = 0

Where is it the best control with Audio Renderer Sanear ? Quite puzzled!
Offtopic question:
What is the thing with the "Security check" and solving a captcha when wanting to send a PM in this forum?
At the moment I´m getting this and I can´t get rid of this. I solve the captcha but nothing seems to happen...
It´s from Cloudflare (Attention required...)

It even is required when saving a draft or preview.
I am not a bot and didn´t commit a crime Cool

@ashlar
Sorry, no communication possible at the moment...
Don´t know what´s going on here...
I could send one further message containing "test" and that was it. Strange. Now the same story again.
Maybe I can send one message in one unknown time unit.
Or too many numbers or other suspicious things as content.
I don´t know what kind of restriction is holding me back...
Anyone else can confirm these two issues I'm having?

1) Switching madVR's level settings (via ctrl + alt + shift + i or the "levels" tag) does absolutely nothing to the black level (i.e. it can't be corrected). I'm suspecting this is somehow Kodi-related because over on the Doom9 forum madVR users are saying they can't reproduce this issue.

2) Many times when clicking on a video title to play it, the title text starts scrolling sideways at a crazy speed as the "Working" notification is shown. Sometimes Kodi freezes completely at this stage or takes unusually long before playback starts. Could this be a LAV filter issue? I've updated madVR a couple of times after the last DSplayer build but I'm still using the same internal filte. This issue seems to have appeared only recently but I can't pinpoint what was updated before it started happening.
  • 236(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47