• 488(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-07-17, 02:28)Warner306 Wrote: If the problem only happens with HDR content, it could be something to do with the video drivers. Are you using HDR passthrough or tone map HDR using pixel shaders with SDR output?

If you've never tried to configure LAV Filters, it seems more likely that is the issue. Hardware decoding might not be activated in LAV Video.

In either case, I would follow the instructions at the end of this post to update the internal version of LAV Filters with a newer version:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1966566

Then set hardware acceleration in LAV Video to D3D11 Automatic (Native).

"Warner306" you were right, last night I sorted the issue. it was the LAV filter, it wasn't set to D3D11. Now finally, my 1080ti is flying with high 4k settings and doesn't break a sweat. Thank you for your input as always.

I do have another slight issue now though. Last night I made a backup of my current MadVR and tried to install the latest through the website. That was fine. I then copied my old settings.bin file to maintain what I had.

Problem is with the HDR. I set madvr to "convert hdr to sdr using pixel shader math" but each time I play a movie (with the newer version), madvr turns on HDR in windows settings (which is horrible) and then when I click on madvr settings, the hdr settings is back to "let madvr decide".

Is there a reason why this setting keeps reverting back to that?

For the time being i've gone back to my old madvr version from last year, but would like to use the latest as I know HDR scaling has come a long way
I'm not sure. It could be a bug in the control panel. Best to copy your profile rules to Notepad and save them and then reset madVR to its defaults from the installation folder.
(2019-07-19, 13:22)Warner306 Wrote: I'm not sure. It could be a bug in the control panel. Best to copy your profile rules to Notepad and save them and then reset madVR to its defaults from the installation folder.

OK thank you I will try that tonight.
information, because I forgot, in the new hd I installed kodi 17.6, if I want to install kodiDSplayer, first uninstall 17.6 and then install Dsplayer or install DSplayer directly over kodi 17.6? of course the 64 bit version, any advice?
I'd install DSPlayer as a portable installation if you simply wanted to try it out.

Once you install DSPlayer 17.6, your existing userdata folder and Kodi installation will be overwritten by DSPlayer.

I don't think you need to uninstall your old Kodi installation. The Kodi database should simply merge and update with DSPlayer.
(2019-07-22, 21:29)Warner306 Wrote: I'd install DSPlayer as a portable installation if you simply wanted to try it out.

Once you install DSPlayer 17.6, your existing userdata folder and Kodi installation will be overwritten by DSPlayer.

I don't think you need to uninstall your old Kodi installation. The Kodi database should simply merge and update with DSPlayer.

^ Spot on
(2019-07-10, 21:35)ashlar Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 13:43)Elgohan Wrote: I'm trying to compile Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer from @aracnoz's repository for Windows to making regression testing to go to the last Kodi version but I don't find how to do that. Someone have a clue? Smile

Are you trying to update DSPlayer to v18? Do I get this right? 
It's what I'm trying, you're right. Wink
(2019-08-06, 12:06)Elgohan Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 13:43)Elgohan Wrote: I'm trying to compile Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer from @aracnoz's repository for Windows to making regression testing to go to the last Kodi version but I don't find how to do that. Someone have a clue? Smile

Eek OMG! All the best wishes to you. Wish I could help you in some way.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Same. Thank you so much for trying to update it. Big Grin

Whether or not you get it working, I would be curious in what the challenges are to update DSPlayer to v18. For example, how many merge conflicts have to be dealt with?
(2019-08-08, 13:35)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-07-10, 21:35)ashlar Wrote: Are you trying to update DSPlayer to v18? Do I get this right?  

Whether or not you get it working, I would be curious in what the challenges are to update DSPlayer to v18. For example, how many merge conflicts have to be dealt with?  

I'm new into coding so don't take to heart my comment but I don't think the problems are conflicts, the problem is that you need to do part of the work all over again. 

You can take the entire dsplayer source, add it to a cmakelist.txt and it will compile but all the references to it must be made again, some have changed places or changed name. 
To be honest I don't see much of a reason why to do so, maybe you could elaborate on that. 

The only main advantage I see would be bringing dsplayer to a kodi version that fully supports bluray and uhd bluray menu navigation (as I've said in the past in this thread). Still having dsplayer running in kodi 18 or 19 wouldn't make this a reality because it would require some work in the code for a proper integration with libbluray. 

if you just want to playback movies with it you can add it as an external player and both will have the same profile directory, this makes the update pointless in my point of view. All other features related to Kodi being updated to deal with new websites data and scraping are not part of the player engine so I really don't see the reason. 

If this is because of the limitation where a kodi instance will not open while other is running, this is easily fixable just commenting a few lines of code and compiling it. 
If this is the case, let me know and I'll compile a nightly without this limitation.
The main motivation for most for updating DSPlayer to v18 is for fixes to the Kodi interface: crashes and database errors caused by bugs or inefficient code, improved loading and navigation speeds, or just general stability. It also allows for the use of the most recent version of some skins and add-ons. Skins, in particular, tend not to receive any updates for older versions of Kodi.

It would also be nice to have VideoPlayer available as a second player for Blu-ray menus or Netflix or Amazon.

The last time I checked, the DSPlayer GitHub was thousands of commits behind Kodi Master. Those changes would have to be merged into DSPlayer with some DSPlayer code moved around in common files. There could also be some unforeseen issues with the player itself in moving into a new 64-bit Windows build. DSPlayer already had a 64-bit build, but regular Kodi for Windows did not.
What you are hoping if I understand your post properly is far beyond adding the last dsplayer into the newest kodi.
Adding it to the newest kodi would prove to be hard enough.
Updating aracnoz code of dsplayer to update dsplayer itself requires the man himself (or woman) to do it, otherwise someone needs to read everything that has been done, understand it and update everything, this is an herculean task. 

Dsplayer is mostly like a standalone player inside kodi.
That's why I said it doesn't make much sense to add it to the newest kodi since you can run it externally.
We don't need any changes to the player itself. It already works fine and doesn't need any new features. We need the external player code to be merged with the rest of Kodi. I'm not a coder, so I don't know how much of the DSPlayer code overlaps with the rest of Kodi, but it is basically a second player alongside VideoPlayer that becomes the default player. Most feature updates come from external installations of LAV Filters and madVR that have their own developers.
(2019-08-11, 00:54)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 13:35)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 12:06)Elgohan Wrote: It's what I'm trying, you're right. Wink   

If this is because of the limitation where a kodi instance will not open while other is running, this is easily fixable just commenting a few lines of code and compiling it. 
If this is the case, let me know and I'll compile a nightly without this limitation. 
I didn't understand this part. I'm not sure how popular DSPlayer as an external player would be. It would depend on how fast it opened and closed. Would it go straight to the player window?
  • 488(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47