• 285(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-01-27, 08:30)Knight77 Wrote: Is there a way to configure Kodi so that would use an external player only for 4K videos? In that way we could still use this release but avoid the 4K problem - maybe.

Here's the info on external player setup:

http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players

It looks like there is a videoresolution attribute you could test against, but the wiki hasn't been updated for 4K. So it's not clear what you'd need to put in the video resolution field as the check.
(2017-01-27, 01:44)_Andy_ Wrote: I don't know how to locate the error with 4k. It seems for some user it's working and for some it's not. In my case only 4k/HEVC crashes Kodi. 4k x264 is ok.

Actually i don't have any hope this could be fixed. So i you really want to use 4k you are stuck with DSPlayer 16.1 or Kodi 17 official releases without DSPlayer.

Did you install the x64 version of dsplayer in full or portable mode?

K

Update -also noticed this was posted on the madvr forum this morning re win10:

"Guys,

Did you experience issues on video with the latest Madvr versions and Jriver on Windows 10 Pro x64 ?
FSE and 10 bits output don't work for me (stick at D3D11 windowed (8 bits)).

I opened a thread on the Jriver forum with screenshoots"
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
this should hopefully fix the problem, pls consider that it's a 32bit beta6 version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tuaw80jcao3n6ml/fix.rar
@aracnoz Yes, it's working. I'm able to play any 4k/HEVC which forced prior versions to crash.THX a lot a big leap.

May i can ask you where the error was and how do you solved it? I like to learn and maybe understand the code better. Or can you upload the changed files or update your github so everyone can use your awesome work.
You did it once again.
(2017-01-27, 10:37)aracnoz Wrote: this should hopefully fix the problem, pls consider that it's a 32bit beta6 version

Thanks Aracnoz for your continued support on the project.

Does this include changes specific to Win10? I only ask, as I tried it out of curiosity and ended up with a stutter fest, even though render times were normal on Win 8.1 x64.

Will stick with your x64 version, as for me its rock solid.

Thanks again.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-01-26, 19:05)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 05:32)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 02:11)Warner306 Wrote: What audio renderer are you using? You should be using ReClock or Sanear.

i'm usining the nvidia high definition one.

i tried ReClock before but it made videos take like 20 seconds to load.

Try Sanear

i downloaded it but i don't see anything about how to install and use it on dsplayer
(2017-01-27, 17:59)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 19:05)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 05:32)Shogunreaper Wrote: i'm usining the nvidia high definition one.

i tried ReClock before but it made videos take like 20 seconds to load.

Try Sanear

i downloaded it but i don't see anything about how to install and use it on dsplayer

Run the install.bat. Choose as audio renderer from DSPlayer settings. To configure, play a video and access the Sanear tray icon. Set the tray icon to WASAPI exclusive. Bitstream and you should be good to go.
(2017-01-27, 19:15)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 17:59)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 19:05)Warner306 Wrote: Try Sanear

Run the install.bat. Choose as audio renderer from DSPlayer settings. To configure, play a video and access the Sanear tray icon. Set the tray icon to WASAPI exclusive. Bitstream and you should be good to go.

got it installed, seems to be working.

thanks
If you open the property page to change the internal lavaudio settings some things won't get saved. In the formats tab I want to uncheck eac3 and let ac3filter take care of dd+ instead. However unchecking it doesn't stick.

Anyone got an idea how to disable eac3 in the internal lav audio decoder? The "external" lavfilters saves its settings to the registry but where do dsplayer save the internals settings?
I noticed today when playing a video in Kodi using DSplayer, the task bar is showing, meaning it's not playing in full screen. How do I fix this?
I have been unable to resolve my issue with audio failing after playing a single item with bitstreaming. I am using ffdshow and the Arcsoft Audio Renderer as additional filters since this is the only way I have found I can bitstream with my setup (I have tried and tried to get LavAudio working with dtsdecodedll.dll to no avail). I am posting my kodi debug log with hopes someone may have some insight as to what is going on. The log shows playing of a file which outputs as "SPDIF" in ffdshow and then a file that outputs as "HDMI bitstreaming" in ffdshow (HD-MA). In the fist case, the audio engine is able to initialize the WASAPI exclusive mode correctly when the file is stopped playing. In the second case, Kodi cannot reinitialize the WASAPI exclusive mode and fails with:

Code:
13:33:22 T:8092   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Failed to initialize WASAPI in exclusive mode -2004287478 - (AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_IN_USE).

At this point, no sound is working in Kodi in the GUI or when I start another item. The only way to get audio working again is to restart Kodi.
Is Kodi DSPlayer not releasing something correctly when bitstreaming so that Kodi proper cannot reinit audio>. Or is there some issue with ffdshow not releasing something properly when outputting "HDMI bitstreaming" (second case) vs "SPDIF" (first case)?

I have tried to use DirectSound instead of WASAPI. Similar failure occurs.
Any help is much appreciated.

Full log here:
http://pasted.co/12a5ceab
(2017-01-28, 19:58)nozomi Wrote: If you open the property page to change the internal lavaudio settings some things won't get saved. In the formats tab I want to uncheck eac3 and let ac3filter take care of dd+ instead. However unchecking it doesn't stick.

Anyone got an idea how to disable eac3 in the internal lav audio decoder? The "external" lavfilters saves its settings to the registry but where do dsplayer save the internals settings?

If you are using Kodi DSPlayer Jarvis 16.1, I have updated the code to expose the Formats tab in the Kodi interface. This allows the settings to be sticky and allows you to use other filters with the formats LAV Audio decodes.

Links can be found in this post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2507071

I am thinking about modifying the newest build as well, just need to find some time.

Doug
@aracnoz

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Before I found out about DSPlayer, I did not enjoy XBMC/Kodi as the picture was soft, sound was not good, etc. Thanks to your hard work and contribution I (and the whole community) find it a pleasure to be able to experience movies, shows, and everything to the fullest. I think I speak for all of us here, and anyone that has ever used DSPlayer, you and your contributions are immensely appreciated and we owe you so much gratitude.

How can I donate to you as a thank you?

...and as was mentioned many times before, I too would happily contribute / pay for DSPlayer.

(2016-12-02, 13:17)aracnoz Wrote: Hi,

It's amazing how this thread is more alive than ever after one year without a developer, you are simply the best

I'm here to wish you Merry Christmas

Setup 32bit: DSPlayer 17.0 Krypton Beta6 - build (20161201-695a772) (pdb)

Changes:

01 December 2016 (695a772)
  • Update madvrsettings.xml to support madVR 0.91.3
  • Update internal LavFilters to v0.68.1.45 (DSPlayer version)
  • General Improvements
  • Merged with the official Krypton branch

@afedchin

Maybe I'll be crazy but from the first day that I contacted you some time ago I always thought that you would have been the next developer of DSPlayer, I know that you've always been interested in this project. Now you do not have big things to do on the official branch and I'm sure that with a full support from @madshi you can move DSPlayer on another level and maybe in the future, who knows, you will be able to merge this in an official Kodi release

This to tell you that I started this update to Krypton with the hope that maybe you would have picked up this project, I'm out of the games, my life has deeply changed and I cannot work on this anymore, but I made this once again to give to DSPlayer another bit of hope

Then i'm sure that these great guys will repay you for all your efforts. All codes has been updated on my github.

Anyway dear friends my hope it that this release will work for most of you right by now without problems and for the future remember this guide to update the DSPlayer OSD with the madVR settings http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2298920

Since I cannot stay here too much I would also wish you a happy new year...

VERY UNSTABLE, BACKUP YOUR DATA OR USE IT IN PORTABLE MODE, ONLY FOR TEST
Setup 64bit: DSPlayer 17.0 Krypton Beta6 - 64bit - build (20161201-116478f) (pdb)

I built the dependencies at 64bit some months ago by following the work begun by @Paxxi, obviously today many things have changed but the release seems to work, at least for a testing purpose

you can not use it as a stable version because even if it were rock solid the Kodi/DSPlayer part (and it's not), all binary addons ( and they dependencies ) are compiled at 32bit

(sorry for the bad part), I'm not back, I will not support these releases

DSPlayer once again

ciauz Smile
(2017-01-27, 10:37)aracnoz Wrote: this should hopefully fix the problem, pls consider that it's a 32bit beta6 version

thx a lot, that works fine with 4k 10bit for me
(2017-01-28, 23:39)DougShuffield Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 19:58)nozomi Wrote: If you open the property page to change the internal lavaudio settings some things won't get saved. In the formats tab I want to uncheck eac3 and let ac3filter take care of dd+ instead. However unchecking it doesn't stick.

If you are using Kodi DSPlayer Jarvis 16.1, I have updated the code to expose the Formats tab in the Kodi interface. This allows the settings to be sticky and allows you to use other filters with the formats LAV Audio decodes.

Links can be found in this post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2507071

I am thinking about modifying the newest build as well, just need to find some time.

Doug

Thx! I'm on 64bit krypton that works awesome except the issue with the formats tab. Not sure I want to go back to Jarvis. I think I'll play dd+ files outside kodi in the meantime knowing this hopefully will get fixed by someone soon. No pressure Wink
  • 285(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47