blank screen problem
(2015-04-14, 00:58)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 17:11)murielahick Wrote: well i have the same issue here. Any plan to fix that, dev team?

We can only fix things we know are wrong. I don't see any issues on my AMLogic S805 hardware when I test it. All we have now are various incomplete bug reports in a single thread, and most likely the people in this thread are not all having the exact same issue.

HOW-TO:Submit a bug report (wiki)

hi Ned
you say it is firmware issue , but i don't think like you cause i have tried this version kodi-20141026-0403a4e-HEVC-testing-armeabi-v7a.apk , and it works pretty fine , no black screen , h265 works prefectly using mediacodec ( amcodec and stagefright are deactivated )
It is a known firmware issue. The "android.intent.action.REALVIDEO_ON" android intent is buggy on some firmwares.
They can support or ignore the intent, but not produce black screen.

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216912 for an example of a vendor which recognized the issue and updated their firmware.
Koying,

I mentioned this to Ned in another thread and he said he was unsure of his grasp of the specifics, but it sure would be nice if someone who had the grasp could post a sticky that manufacturer's would be sure not to miss... Hint, hint, nudge, nudge... < installing ablative armor and raising EM screens now that I've innocently nominated someone else... ;-) >

Not to stir the pot too violently, but that'd be a great place to share the list of manufacturers/boxes that still have issues requiring firmware intervention!
Actually, we're brainstorming ideas for some kind of list or some form of certification process so that people can see what boxes meet the base requirements for Kodi, including a functional firmware. There are a lot of details to work out, but one of the ideas is that the requirements could also help venders understand what they need to do for Kodi to run correctly, and serve as a guide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blank screen problem0