Solved Help Debug Startup Crash
Question 
Hi, I'm new on the forum here, but XBMC fan since 2009 Big Grin, always fixed by reading the forum, but this time I need some help .

Here is my problem, this week I got a grash during a video playback, I not sure what crashed be honest, first I thought was compiz crashing, when that happens kodi freezes so I just assumed.
So I killed kodi.bin process, tried to open again and got a instantaneous crash, before anything I rebooted and ever since I can't get kodi to start.

The real problem is I can't find nothing on the logs, they simply stop at NOTICE: GL_EXTENSIONS
Here my logs: http://pastebin.com/MQPZ0jRD

I do think that this errors are not from kodi itself, but I need a little help to find what is causing, what should search for in the other ubuntu [/quote]logs.

My configs are in the logs but here we go: i3-4330, GTX 750 (latest nvidia driver), 4GB RAM running Kodi 14.2 on Ubuntu Utopic

Thanks for the help, and sorry for my English!
start kodi from a terminal:
kodi --debug

and check the output as well as the log.

if there are no clues, get a gdb backtrace:
Code:
gdb /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin
set logging on /tmp/kodi-crash.log
set pagination off
(gdb) r
# after it crashes
(gdb) thread apply all bt
(gdb) quit
pastebinit  /tmp/kodi-crash.log
(2015-04-10, 09:31)wsnipex Wrote: start kodi from a terminal:
kodi --debug

and check the output as well as the log.

if there are no clues, get a gdb backtrace:
Code:
gdb /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin
set logging on /tmp/kodi-crash.log
set pagination off
(gdb) r
# after it crashes
(gdb) thread apply all bt
(gdb) quit
pastebinit  /tmp/kodi-crash.log

Thanks! Solved, it was something I never would thought: /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf permissions, I removed the other read perm when I was organizing my certs weeks ago, this week is first time I had to start kodi again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Debug Startup Crash0