Solved difference between using library path and subsections ?
OK guys, think I've found a strange one...

Been investigating this issue:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1988298

In short: If you open "recently added movies", boxsets are shown in the list. If you click on the boxset it will show all movies in that set. If you navigate back you'll see the recently added movies list without the boxsets, the movies are just seperated.
I'm not sure how things are coded in Kodi but I think boxsets shouldn't be shown at all in the recently added list.

While testing I switched to Confluence and noticed that when navigating to recently added movies, there were no boxsets shown in the list. So Confluence was fine and the problem is in my skin.

In my skin I use the library-paths to open subsections, which is (as I understand correctly) recommended starting with Gotham.

So, I use this to open up recently added movies:
ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/,return)

And Confluence still uses the "old style" way using subsections:
ActivateWindow(Videos,RecentlyAddedMovies,return)

The "old style" subsection way doesn't have the boxsets issue and the new style library-path issue has.

To make it even more interesting... If I replace the Window Title with the window ID it does work, the problem is gone:
ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/,return)

For now I'll fix the problem in my skin by replacing the window title with the window ID but I thought I share this here in case this manifests in any other sections too for further investigation (or just a known issue).
You can delete this thread... Feel pretty stupid...
I'm using skin shortcuts which has a override mechanism.
I totally missed the fact that skin shortcuts was overriding my library action with a playlist for recently added :-)

So, no problem at all... The recently added list in the xsp playlist is just wrong.

Man, thought I was going crazy with this. Turns out I was :-)

feel free to delete this thread, issue resolved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
difference between using library path and subsections ?0