Rii Mini Keyboard with Touch Pad Review
ok so I want to pay back some help I got today understanding menu options in Kodi so here is my short review of the

Rii Mini i8 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad for PC, Pad, Andriod TV

Website http://www.riitek.com/

from their website this seems to be their official Ebay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/xsmartbuying

I am using this with my Android TV Box that has Kodi 14.2 ARM version installed.

The keypad works really well and you will find a lot of people saying they have problems with the tactile feel of it but here is the trick.. when you buy a Rii Keyboard or product there are many companies that make knockoffs .. if you get a real one you will be satisfied.

The way to make sure its a real one is visit the manufacturers website and look for key markings.. On my Mini i8 there is the Rii name printed on the touch pad. Now you can't be sure that the seller won't slip a fake in so buy it from a reputable dealer.. All I can say is do your best and even if you get a knockoff you probably will be fine with it.

The Box comes with a certification seal
You get the device and a cable and the usb dongle for the keypad is in the battery compartment

On first startup I charged the product for about 3 hours.
The battery is a Cellphone type battery so you need to usb charge it
but it is strong and lasts pretty long

I then placed the dongle in my android TV Box and booted android.

I then turned on the keyboard and it mated with Android instantly.

The touch pad works with a single finger as a regular single click mouse
position the pointer and tap

In other places such as a Kodi Menu listing of videos available in the FoxNews plugin
You can use 2 fingers on either side of the center line and scroll down or up.

there are 2 mouse buttons on the left side of the keyboard
position the cursor over an item and right or left click

You will need to learn the kodi keyboard shortcuts to get the most use out of this device.

The person who helped me today did so by telling me about accessing the contextual menu with the letter C when you are in the FoxNews Add on and this lets you play all the videos in the listing one after another.

There are programmable function keys.. Some of my keys bring up Android Apps

There are round gamepad type buttons at the top..
the right side is for navigation the left side lets you control volume forward back and stop video.. no setup was required

What Else... hmmmm the cost of this small keyboard was $14 on Amazon .. I got the white version because it was $3 less than the black keypad and I really don't care that much as long as its an authentic one that works well.

This product can be used with a variety of devices.

the Android TV Box I got came with a remote that is expanded but does not have a keyboard.

I think a Keyboard is pretty much required unless you want to go crazy with your remote..
even if it was an air mouse you can not use a on screen keyboard the way you can on a phone
save yourself the headache get the keyboard.

From what I understand you can use many other keyboards with android including full sized ones.

If you have any questions please ask..
If this post is older I am probably not monitoring it..

What I can say is for $15 you can't go wrong and it works really well..
and it will make your experience so much better.
I got one of these keyboards with my 4k G8 box but it turns out it is a clone, not a Rii. It works, but is very flaky and seems to have a mind of its own and exits you back to the home screen without warning. Very frustrating! My advise to others is buy a real Rii keyboard and you should be fine.
I'm thinking of popping for a Rii i8+ that amazon is selling for $22. I bought just the cheapest rf keyboard/mouse locally and it is kind of poor reception. I thought I would be switching to a Harmony remote but I think I like the keyboard better than remote so need an upgrade for this crappy one.

scott s.
Hey guys,

I also just got this remote and I really like it.

Zippy, can you tell me if it can be programmed to Turn my Samsung TV on and Off? I hope it can because I really do not want to use 2 remotes for this. ALso, how do we program certain keys for functions?

ANy help would be appreciated, thanks alot guys
I've been using the iPazzport Commander, which is similar and has the programmable IR remote keys on the back. I use those for the TV and the Flirc.
Hi, I just got my Rii i8+ mini remote yesterday and I cannot find the key layout anywhere (even on their website). I can't seem to figure out the what the 'home' button do and how to fast foward to 10 seconds (usually I just pressed right arrow on the Android box remote) but on the Rii i8+Huh Also I have to pressed 'e' button for home and right click to go back one step.

How can I make all the buttons works or is there any complete list of key layout for Rii i8+ remote?
Thanks! Big Grin

(2015-05-04, 02:38)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: ok so I want to pay back some help I got today understanding menu options in Kodi so here is my short review of the

Rii Mini i8 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad for PC, Pad, Andriod TV

Website http://www.riitek.com/

from their website this seems to be their official Ebay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/xsmartbuying

I am using this with my Android TV Box that has Kodi 14.2 ARM version installed.

The keypad works really well and you will find a lot of people saying they have problems with the tactile feel of it but here is the trick.. when you buy a Rii Keyboard or product there are many companies that make knockoffs .. if you get a real one you will be satisfied.

The way to make sure its a real one is visit the manufacturers website and look for key markings.. On my Mini i8 there is the Rii name printed on the touch pad. Now you can't be sure that the seller won't slip a fake in so buy it from a reputable dealer.. All I can say is do your best and even if you get a knockoff you probably will be fine with it.

The Box comes with a certification seal
You get the device and a cable and the usb dongle for the keypad is in the battery compartment

On first startup I charged the product for about 3 hours.
The battery is a Cellphone type battery so you need to usb charge it
but it is strong and lasts pretty long

I then placed the dongle in my android TV Box and booted android.

I then turned on the keyboard and it mated with Android instantly.

The touch pad works with a single finger as a regular single click mouse
position the pointer and tap

In other places such as a Kodi Menu listing of videos available in the FoxNews plugin
You can use 2 fingers on either side of the center line and scroll down or up.

there are 2 mouse buttons on the left side of the keyboard
position the cursor over an item and right or left click

You will need to learn the kodi keyboard shortcuts to get the most use out of this device.

The person who helped me today did so by telling me about accessing the contextual menu with the letter C when you are in the FoxNews Add on and this lets you play all the videos in the listing one after another.

There are programmable function keys.. Some of my keys bring up Android Apps

There are round gamepad type buttons at the top..
the right side is for navigation the left side lets you control volume forward back and stop video.. no setup was required

What Else... hmmmm the cost of this small keyboard was $14 on Amazon .. I got the white version because it was $3 less than the black keypad and I really don't care that much as long as its an authentic one that works well.

This product can be used with a variety of devices.

the Android TV Box I got came with a remote that is expanded but does not have a keyboard.

I think a Keyboard is pretty much required unless you want to go crazy with your remote..
even if it was an air mouse you can not use a on screen keyboard the way you can on a phone
save yourself the headache get the keyboard.

From what I understand you can use many other keyboards with android including full sized ones.

If you have any questions please ask..
If this post is older I am probably not monitoring it..

What I can say is for $15 you can't go wrong and it works really well..
and it will make your experience so much better.
Try this to remap those buttons: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner
Awesome! Thanks! Big Grin

However, just now the remote acting up. The orange lights up without I'm pressing any button. It as it seemed there's a button stuck (I tried to OFF/ON but no use). I just bought this remote for a couple of days via Amazon, what should I do?

(2016-09-18, 04:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Try this to remap those buttons: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner
(2016-09-22, 04:40)ghost-box Wrote: Awesome! Thanks! Big Grin

However, just now the remote acting up. The orange lights up without I'm pressing any button. It as it seemed there's a button stuck (I tried to OFF/ON but no use). I just bought this remote for a couple of days via Amazon, what should I do?

(2016-09-18, 04:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Try this to remap those buttons: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner

Send it back for a refund as not fit for purpose
so i did contact the seller and he told me to fully charge the keyboard (i haven't since i got it). apparently it did working normaly again! it's just a bit wird the red light indicating low battery never lights up. instead the keyboard went crazy on me typing random stuff and the other lights kept on blinking. Huh

now the keyboard is fully functioning as normal.

(2016-09-22, 08:55)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 04:40)ghost-box Wrote: Awesome! Thanks! Big Grin

Send it back for a refund as not fit for purpose
Once you get used to how the lights work you will see when it's time to recharge it.

scott s.
Hello, newbie here.
I ordered a Beelink Mini MX TV Box, which has KODI preinstalled (never used KODI before) and it says that I can use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
Is Rii Mini a bluetooth device or just a "wireless" device (newbie, I repeat :p).
Could it be used with a standalone media player without the USB dongle, which is apparently needed for a PC?
Finally, is this "wireless" device a Bluetooth device?
Thank you.
The two most common ways for an RF device to connect is either through bluetooth or via a receiver USB dongle. Rii makes both types, but they are either one or the other. I have never seen a single Rii product that could do both.

Bluetooth versions should be usable with any box with built-in bluetooth. These would not need any dongle.

Keep in mind, there are a ton of Rii clones, so there could be a look-a-like that does things differently.
Hi I have one of these I think its probably a clone. It was working fine then one day the M key stopped giving me ; instead, and the back space button doesn't work giving me ] instead.
Bizarrely to delete text if I press the del key which would normally delete forward it now deletes back wards instead.

This keyboard is doing my head in, I can't find any info on the internet like can I reset the keyboard layout
Love the i8+ backlight version great for dim areas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii Mini Keyboard with Touch Pad Review0