Solved Missing media file information
Question 
I'm using Kodi 14.2 with OpenELEC 5.0.8 on my Raspberry Pi 2 and I have a problem with missing media file information. I think it started a few Kodi updates ago (not entirely sure when exactly, but I know that it worked smoothly before):

Every new file (on a USB flash drive) which is scanned by Kodi is missing its media information. Here is an example (look at bottom left):

After I start the episode (or movie) and return to the previous menu I see which resolution the file has, etc. See here:

(notice: I recreated the screenshots on my Mac (running Kodi) cause I don't how how to make screenshots on my RPI2 with OpenElec and Kodi. What my RPI2 is also missing is the exact length of an episode (the default 60 min in the case of Bloodline is taken from TheTVDB.com). Only after I start an episode, I see the exact length. This is not shown in the screenshots above, because Kodi on my Mac scans the files just fine and I didn't want to photoshop that.)

So it seems that my Raspberry Pi 2 doesn't scan the media file correctly (like .mkv or .mp4, I have the problem with both). It's not a problem with the skin (I changed it.

Any idea?
Enable "Extract video information from files" in Settings -> Video -> File lists.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-05, 12:29)Milhouse Wrote: Enable "Extract video information from files" in Settings -> Video -> File lists.

Thanks, that worked! Strange, I can't remember turning this option off.
"Disabled" became the new default a little while ago.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing media file information0