Rescan Library when MySQL Question
Hi,

I've got a duplicate problem in my library. A large majority of my library is coming in with two and three duplicates per entry. I've researched (info) the individual file locations and it seems they are all pointing to the same location (not an IP versus netbios name change issue in source). So they are true location duplicates.

I had a couple of questions.

On "CLEAN LIBRARY" some of the post on duplicates suggest that this has the ability to clean duplicate items in the library? Other post suggest that it's purpose is to clean dead links (files no longer available in library). After using a couple of times I'm thinking it's more about cleaning up dead file links. Is that correct?

The problem may be that I was scanning from multiple machines (not at the same time). I wondered it it was best to setup so that only one system, in a home with multiple Kodi systems, scans for new items.

Because the duplicate issue is large I thought the best solution might be to completely to start the scan process over.

Rescan Issue:

In researching how to rebuild your library it seemed the main suggestion was to manually delete your local db files. However, since I'm setup on MySQL it's a bit different. Is there any way to restart the library from Kodi itself.

On MySQL there are four database: MyMusic32, MyMusic48, MyVideo75, MyVideo90. To rebuild the library should I just drop (delete) those four databases and start over again?

Are there any add ons for duplicate management?

Thanks for any suggestions.
I am not sure why you have ended up with two libraries for video and two for music. Can you post the contents of advancedsettings.xml?

And is this file the same on all Kodi machines? At least as far as the <videodatabase> and <musicdatabase> sections are concerned?
Hi Wink

2 things

1/ I agree with johnvick1.
advancedsettings.xml should be the same on all your kodi version.
sources.xml either too
As a multiple RPi user, I set these files as network files (nfs share), thus I am DEFINITELY sure all the my RPi use the same kodi configuration.

2/ I posted a thread for myself http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226383
That could maybe help you to clean your mysql database. you seem to know how to perfom SQL query

Remember : don't forget that definig a source folder and defining an other source as a subfolder of the previous one, will declare some media twice.
In the same kind of idea, as you mention it,
the source nfs:/darkstar/media and nfs:/192.168.1.2/media are not the same sources, even if it is physically the same media!
your sources.xml file should either be the same on all your kodi installation.

To answer to your question of databases...
If you have the same advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml files,
I guess you should drop the databases, and let kodi rewrite it for you (rescan)
thanks for the reply's and tips!

I researched it more and found that their were some duplicates for messed up folder's with multiple trailer's and videos that were not the actual movie in the movie folder (using the movie folder option). But my real problem is that one of my Pi's scanning had problems with machine (netbios) names and I had setup the video source with the IP address. So classic case of double effort.

I ended up dropping the databases and rebuilding so all seems fine now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rescan Library when MySQL Question0